Wood Ammo Counters with real brass

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

DragonlairdGaming
Novice

Wood Ammo Counters with real brass

#1 Postby DragonlairdGaming » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Does anyone know where I can get those beautiful wood ammunition trackers that brass fits in. For a revolver with six holes for 357 shells. A shotgun with room for two shotgun shells. I've seen these at Origins several times but lost track of who makes them and if they are still available. Any ideas?
--
Jim Davenport
Savage Characters, Volume 1 available on DriveThruRPG.com
www.DragonlairdGaming.com

Dirty Ernie
Veteran

Re: Wood Ammo Counters with real brass

#2 Postby Dirty Ernie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:13 pm

I was fortunate enough to pick up a crate of those ammo counters in a blow-out sale a couple of years ago. The maker decided to take some time away from game-related pursuits to focus on real-life issues. He used to have a site called Dasspielunker.com, but it's not around anymore.

However, it looks like he's fired up his blog again with a new post just ten days ago. Maybe you can contact him that way.

Good luck.

Random Thoughts and Senseless Pastimes
I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Run off with a senator's wife? I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

magall
Novice

#3 Postby magall » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:41 pm

I purchased from ebay a wooden 'ammo' box full of them a year ago for my game. They got only a little use and i still have the wooden box and a bunch of various trackers.

I would be more than happy to work out some mutual deal to get them in your hands. basic shipping costs and maybe something in trade...?

PM me if you are interested. I can get you pictures once i get home if you are interested.
Cheers
Mark G
Westmont, NJ

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#4 Postby SeeleyOne » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 pm

They are cardboard, but this Kickstarter will be adding ammunition (thanks to my request). In a couple of days he will post an ammunition crate that we can get instead of a treasure chest: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... escription

Tracking ammo has been a concern of mine for many years. Spending counters will keep it manageable.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

To be evil is to live backwards

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”