Original Materal going wild

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

barefoottourguide
Novice

Original Materal going wild

#1 Postby barefoottourguide » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 pm

I was asked to run some DLN for summer. Uh, I'm still going weekly with my group, and no one's ready to give it up. I'm juggling an original plot point campaign called Extinct in the Big Easy with savage tales, etc. Currently the group's dealing with a chapter of the plot point campaign, Jumbo Shrimp and Old Absinthe House all at the same time. It's fun watching them try to prioritize and figure out how everything's tied together. A lot of it will come together, but their conspiracies are more interesting.
Check out https://deadlands-noir-extinct-in-the-b ... /main-page for the group and my own write-ups. I've altered the rules so they must contribute a journal entry or piece of artwork to the obsidian portal page to get the xp from a past session. This gives me plenty of plot hooks as I see how their minds are going.
Garrett

Snate56
Legendary

#2 Postby Snate56 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Interesting. But doesn't that penalize the less creative? Or did you luck out and have a really creative group?

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

barefoottourguide
Novice

#3 Postby barefoottourguide » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Nope, 50 word minimum telling what the character remembers. At the least, it clues me in on what was most memorable for the different players.
All but one of my players are accomplished writers and artists, so this is easy for them. I don't grade or compare the non-writer in the group. I just want a brief glimpse into his character's impressions.

Garrett

Snate56
Legendary

#4 Postby Snate56 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Just wondering. It brings back memories of scout camp when I was forced to write home to mom. It would always be: "Hi, how are you? I'm fine here. We went swimming yesterday... That's about it. Bye."

I've gotten marginally better over the years, but not by much. :lol:

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

barefoottourguide
Novice

#5 Postby barefoottourguide » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 pm

I think investigation games require note taking and making them do a journal entry makes them more inclined to jot down notes. It works for us and may not for others. I plan to adopt this for other campaigns I run. It also makes them reflect on the game between sessions.
Garrett

Return to “Deadlands Noir”