Noir book format

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

Noir book format

#1 Postby Jeffrywith1e » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:13 am

I know there is the hardcover 11x8.5 size book.

Is that the only style or size made?

I was hoping for an Explorer's Edition (to fit with the latest Reloaded books). was that ever made? or will it be coming out in the new sized format soon? (what is the name of the new format?)

Pholtus
Novice

Re: Noir book format

#2 Postby Pholtus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Jeffrywith1e wrote:I know there is the hardcover 11x8.5 size book.

I was hoping for an Explorer's Edition (to fit with the latest Reloaded books). was that ever made? or will it be coming out in the new sized format soon? (what is the name of the new format?)

I have only ever seen it in the Standard size. They did say that all books would be going to the new Graphic Novel size in the future so I guess that means if/when Noir is reprinted it would be the new GN size.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Noir book format

#3 Postby Clint » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:16 am

Jeffrywith1e wrote:I know there is the hardcover 11x8.5 size book.

So far, yes.

Jeffrywith1e wrote:I was hoping for an Explorer's Edition (to fit with the latest Reloaded books). was that ever made? or will it be coming out in the new sized format soon? (what is the name of the new format?)

The new format is the graphic novel size format.

Whether Noir would ever be made in that format isn't a decision I'm aware of being made, since it hasn't been out long and I don't think we're close to considering reprinting yet.

I'll check to see if I can find out if there's anything I'm not aware of but with the holidays, it might take a while (but if a couple of weeks pass, add a reminder reply to this thread just in case it gets lost in the shuffle).
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

#4 Postby Jeffrywith1e » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:45 am

Ok. Thank you.

Merry Christmas.

John Goff
Seasoned

#5 Postby John Goff » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm not aware of any reprint decisions yet. However, switching to the new format for Noir would be a lot more involved a process than simply plugging the text in and printing it, so I'd be surprised if it happened.

Of course, I'm surprised on a daily basis, so take that for what it's worth. :wink:
John Goff

Return to “Deadlands Noir”