Mexico Plot Point

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

barefoottourguide
Novice

Mexico Plot Point

#1 Postby barefoottourguide » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm wanting to use the Mexico South of the Border plot point campaign with my noir group as a kind of road trip module. What changes aside from historic figures would you make to the plot point campaign from the south of the border book?
Garrett

Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

#2 Postby Marshalonwheels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:45 am

well depending on the time period there is no more french troops

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38700

post two

So we must speculate a bit
(i should note that most of this is how it went in my game using my Points of Divergence Strategic System so YMMV but IMG this is what Mexico looks like)

IMG Franco-Mexico sides with france in the Great War but is ineffectual at actually doing anything as it has to contend with Juaristas and Porfiriatistas
in the north and south.

Benito Juárez died in 1872 OTL but is still alive in the DL:WW story line still by WWI he should be replaced by someone like Venustiano Carranza Or (the more famous Pancho Villa) IMG i have Carranza needing german help to fight the Franco-Mexican Empire under María Josepha Sophia de Iturbide so accept the Zimmermann Telegram sending Pancho Villa to harass the CSA/ South maze. i also have Emiliano Zapata Salazar running around trying to fight for Communism through out noir

in the south? well General Porfirio diaz owns that. still. he's a harrowed i thought but his stats don't bear that out so guess not...idk

that will work for you're game if set in the 20's through 25 June 1940. after that IMG mexico throws it's hat in the ring with the axis and Vichy france the US/CSA won't let that stand and back Manuel Ávila Camacho to overthrow the Empire of Mexico and by may of 1942 Mexico is the United States of Mexico under Ávila and history is on track complete with the 201st Air Fighter Squadron, nicknamed the “Aztec Eagles,” being sent to the S. Pacific to fight in may 1945. i imagine that The Phantom General and Lázaro Cárdenas( used Zapata's successor and leader of the Institutional Revolutionary Party IMG, and source of "red threats" for Mexico Noir)

but assuming a standard 1935 start date you should be able to convert SotB by focusing on investigation and grit. let me post this look over the PPC and maybe i'll ever be able to post again before the GF give me a lecture about saying i'd be in bed 30 min ago :razz:

Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

#3 Postby Marshalonwheels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:19 am

:eek: She stood in the doorway staring at me with a disappoint the echo the shattered dreams of this town. I'm normally not big on church but that scowl leaves me no doubt that there is an angel of vengeance. betting man's odds are it's the Dame in my living room. i wish i could say there was nothing on but the radio but the damn thing had gone canary with the gritty tones of Harry Mack. i been caught red handed. what kinda pinhead doesn't use head phones? i finish scratching down my thoughts ad prepare myself for a dressing down knowing i've got hoover's chance a reelection that'd it be the fun turn of that phrase. still she's awake now and one should never pass by a second chance at a goodnight kiss...

i'd start the case rested in the morning

VonDan
Legendary

#4 Postby VonDan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 am

You can send them to

The Lair of Sawneo El Beano

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31040

Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

#5 Postby Marshalonwheels » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 pm

well the first thing that needs to be done is that you need a Veteran or even Heroic Rank group o' Gumshoes that could take a bit. maybe run a few adventures in 1935 New Orleans . then have Red Sect get Cantankerous and run em out of town. send 'em north or to the Maze get 'em use to hotfooting about the map (or the globe) so the idea of going to mexico won't feel so off. wherever they go eventual people from the bureau of indian Affairs start dropping off as well as more compromise minded tribal elders. as the crimes start to add up to an Neo Aztec Movement(sponsored by the Obsidian Blades) that the press, G-men, and tribal elders refuse to see. hang it up with a bow around the group's neck a real smoking gun frame job.

the real evidence leads to Mexico and that's where freedom is. when the water gets hot have the Red Sect offer a honest-to-goodness fly by night operation of tequila runners fly 'em out of there.if they plug the head of a Mexican group called the Obsidian Blades. of course the rangers an't found of criminals in their airspace and The Texas State Militia Volunteer Air Corps pursues them a bit past the border (the plane should go down some where in the north mexican desert ) that'll get you to Plot point 1.

Let 'em wonder a bit and then find the way to red canyons play as normal but give the Legionnaires jeeps.

at the end/beginning of PP#2 have the marshal tell them they need to find El Capitán but not know the location so the gumshoes have to do Legwork also have them be tailed by an operative of the marshall for some am i being double-crossed tension.

i'm off to be productive. if you found this helpful i can work on ideas for greywashing the other plot points

barefoottourguide
Novice

#6 Postby barefoottourguide » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:30 am

Thank you marshall on wheels. Insightful and helpful.
garrett

Return to “Deadlands Noir”