[DL:N] Spook Juice Dry-Cleaning

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

jabberwoky
Novice

[DL:N] Spook Juice Dry-Cleaning

#1 Postby jabberwoky » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:00 pm

When Rifftrax made a live show on Reefer Madness in 2010, they featured a short known as "More Dangerous Then Dynamite", a 1930s public service announcement that instructed people not to use gasoline to clean their clothing. For those wondering, using gasoline was a cheap way to dry-clean clothes.

Thus in the Deadlands Noir universe, since spook juice eclipses gasoline as the main fuel source of the setting, would people attempt to dry-clean their clothes with spook juice instead, with horrible, burning results? Or is spook juice too dirty to use as a cleaning agent?

Jounichi
Legendary

#2 Postby Jounichi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:27 pm

I can't find a reference to spook juice eclipsing gasoline. In fact, gasoline is listed under the Transportation subheading under Gear & Goods; but I digress.

Gasoline had stopped being the go to chemical in the early 20s, and by the mid-30s they had switched over to the non-flammable PERC entirely. It's also not something I'd worry too much about. Laundry is laundry, and I'd just factor it in to cost of living.

It could make for an anecdotal interlude, though.
"Rush not in to fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail." -Yoda
"Wise man once say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'" -Michelangelo

Return to “Deadlands Noir”