The Noir Campaign Is Over

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

barefoottourguide
Novice

The Noir Campaign Is Over

#1 Postby barefoottourguide » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:01 pm

I just finished a weekly 13 month Deadlands Noir campaign. It wrapped up with the Knives In the Dark plot point campaign from South of the Border. Fighting essentially an elder god, the bruiser, using the adventure card that doubles damage, blessed brass knuckles, and damage field, scored 96 points of damage on the god. My wife played the card where everyone, friend and foe, gets shaken, when you do something shocking. As the elder god's brood approached, she cut off one of the god's tentacles and took a bite out of it, shouting, "Your mother tastes like chicken." Some time during the session I realized the portal the group had taken to the god's dimension must be somehow altered by the god's demise, so when they went back through they wound up crawling out of a radioactive pond in Hell on Earth. End campaign. Everyone is excited to pick things up at Legendary level for a Hell on Earth campaign. At least I get a year to figure out the story. Thanks Jodi Black, Shane Hensley and John Goff for such an amazing campaign.

Garrett

ogbendog
Legendary

#2 Postby ogbendog » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:45 pm

If you have a group of Noir characters going to HOE, you might went to checkout https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_Dreams

It's PA movie with a Noir vibe
Bill Ogden
Author of Kaiser's Gate Field Manual Vol 1: Mounts, now available for purchase.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Ka ... ual-Mounts

Billybuck Dancer
Seasoned

#3 Postby Billybuck Dancer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm coming up on the end of my own ~1 year Noir campaign. The players are part of a small-time movie studio in Shan that got roped into taking down the corrupt Church of Lost Angels.

I've deviated from canon since this campaign built itself on the back of an earlier Deadlands: Reloaded campaign.

If your players are like mine, they'll enjoy seeing callbacks to events in their Noir campaign in HoE. They fought hard for more than a year, so even though HoE is a dark, crummy world, show their efforts had some impact.

For example, the bruiser with the blessed knuckles sounds like prime candidate for Templar sainthood. How will the character react to having a holy order that has lionized and misinterpreted earlier adventures?

sniffycrab
Seasoned

#4 Postby sniffycrab » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 pm

"Your mother tastes like chicken!" Best test of wills shout ever.

Return to “Deadlands Noir”