Deadlands Noir Card/Board Game?

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

imperialdan
Novice

Deadlands Noir Card/Board Game?

#1 Postby imperialdan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:04 pm

http://gamerati.com/john-goff-designing-deadlands-noir-card-game/

I can't find when this article was written. Does anyone have more information on this?
I hope the Deadlands Noir franchise is not abandoned. My players and I are still having a lot of fun with it and would love anything new related to it! :-D

Matchstickman
Seasoned

#2 Postby Matchstickman » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:19 am

The article was written in 2014.
Beyond that i can't help as I had I had not even heard of this project until you just linked to it!
Collegium member: "Science is not an exact science."

Snate56
Legendary

#3 Postby Snate56 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:53 am

Which isn't that long ago in game developer years!

And if they want to add board and pieces elements to it, that comes after the initial playtesting, then getting artwork done, then more playtesting...

Yes, I would like to know its status too, but I'm not worried. They'll let us know if something happened.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

imperialdan
Novice

#4 Postby imperialdan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 am

Snate56 wrote:Yes, I would like to know its status too, but I'm not worried. They'll let us know if something happened.

Yes, but probably not if nothing happened! :wink:

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#5 Postby Sitting Duck » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:17 am

Matchstickman wrote:The article was written in 2014.

Snate56 wrote:Which isn't that long ago in game developer years!

No kidding. Sean Patrick Fannon had announced that Savage Rifts was in the works at ConCarolinas way back in 2009.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

corwyn
Novice

#6 Postby corwyn » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:58 pm

All I could find was this blurb, not sure of the date but appears to be mid 2014.

The Big Easy card game brings the fast-paced world of the hardboiled detective in Deadlands Noir to a new format. For two to four players with a 30-60 minute play time, this new game from Deadlands Noir creators John Goff and Cheyenne Wright makes visiting the mean streets way more convenient, but no less deadly!

Watch here for more information as we have it, and check the Pinnacle preview flyer for more details.

I would love to hear more

John Goff
Seasoned

Re: Deadlands Noir Card/Board Game?

#7 Postby John Goff » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:43 pm

It's still in production. The rules and design are done, but a board game of this style is a new venture for Pinnacle. It's required a considerable amount of research into the pricing and production of components and packaging, as well as vastly different templates for art design.

It's a fairly intensive process, and with our fairly, uh...active production schedule for our regular RPG line, finding time to fit those in is more than a little challenging. :)
John Goff

Return to “Deadlands Noir”