Without Fear

Pinnacle's new fiction stories based on their original settings!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

2-Gun Bill
Veteran

Without Fear

#1 Postby 2-Gun Bill » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 am

Woow, first post in this new section, I feel shy...

So yesterday I bought Without Fear by Shane and must confess I was not sure it was 3 bucks well spent. Well, it turned out I had great fun reading it (took me less than an hour) and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing (no offense Shane: I had never read anything else than RPG rulebooks or adventures from you :wink: )

The story starts with a twist as to who the hero is and loses no time in throwing action and weirdness all around. The main characters are efficiently encapsuled in a few words and you cannot help wishing them to succeed in their endeavour, even though they are not your standard nice guy-heroes.

I am not sure I would play the Weird War Rome setting but for sure Without Fear makes for an exciting introduction and you cannot help wonder how this is going to fit with the rest of the PEG universes. By the way, it would be a great short adventure as well for the Beasts & Barbarians setting.

Overall, I spent a very good moment with Without Fear.

Two comments on format though:
- 2 bucks may have been a more appropriate pricing for what is essentailly a short story-teaser for Weird War Rome.
- For future eFiction, please provide an indication of the length (e.g., number of pages) so that we know whether we are buying a short story or a magnum opus :1winknudge:

Guillaume

PEGShane
Site Admin

#2 Postby PEGShane » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks for the feedback, Gillaume. We can't tell you pages because e-readers don't work that way. It's variable depending on device, resolution, the font size *you* choose, etc.

Thanks!

Shane

Baiyo
Seasoned

#3 Postby Baiyo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

How about letting us know the word count for a story (either including or not including title page and dedications)?
My blog: http://ninjasridingdinosaurs.wordpress.com/ - Now with occassional updates!

PEGShane
Site Admin

#4 Postby PEGShane » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 pm

I'll try to find a better way to do that, but they're all 8000 words or a little longer.

Shane

Return to “Wendigo Tales”