AWI Skirmish-I'm Stuck

Discuss skirmish games and the Troop Builder here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Doc Firefly
Seasoned

AWI Skirmish-I'm Stuck

#1 Postby Doc Firefly » Thu May 29, 2014 12:50 am

So since the shiny model syndrome flared up I decided that I will do Revolutionary War Skirmish. I wanted a simple to figure system, so I made troop have 3 "levels":
1. Low Level (Green Infantry or militia) Troops have a d6 in everything (1 pnt per)
2. Regulars These troops have a d6 in everything and a combat related edge (2 points per model)
3. Elite (like Dragoons and Jagers) troops have a d8 and two edges.

I want to make a edge that represents the fighting system of the time so here is what I came up with:

Drilled Line Infantry
When in Base to base contact with at least 5 other models in the parent unit, each model gains +1 to all Spirit rolls.
Elite Drilled Infantry
When in Base to base contact with at least 3 other models in the parent unit, each model gains +2 to all Spirit rolls.
Skirmisher
Model Gains the “Dodge” Edge and can reload in 1 round.

Does this sound like I am getting close to the mark? I wanted to bounce it off people to see what they would think.
All men dream, but not equally
-T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

DanDiamond
Novice

#2 Postby DanDiamond » Fri May 30, 2014 8:42 am

The first two look good, but I'd keep the "Skirmisher" as "Musketeer" + "Dodge" rather than giving them both edges for one by renaming. Perhaps "Skirmisher" would be like (but stacks) Dodge but easier prerequisites. There's an edge which does that (with a different, period-appropriate name) in WWII.

Darq666
Veteran

#3 Postby Darq666 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:07 am

I would change Base to base contact with 5 models to 5 models in base to base contact. The way it is written, they all have to be in a clump and only the guy in the middle gets the bonus.

Return to “SW Showdown”