Using supers in Savage Rifts

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Green Knight
Novice

Using supers in Savage Rifts

#1 Postby Green Knight » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:44 am

I just downloaded the PDF's for Savage Rifts along with Super Powers Companion, and I was wondering what the power level of a super should be to be comparable to the likes of the Rifts characters? I'm new to the Savage Worlds rules, having purchased a couple PDF's once I heard they were making Rifts, so I'm not at all experienced enough to say what would work. I'm trying to recreate a character I made a while back, which is why I want to use the SPC rules.

Freemage
Veteran

Re: Using supers in Savage Rifts

#2 Postby Freemage » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 am

Most folks doing a comparison have come to the conclusion that Rifts seems about even to a Four-Color SPC character. If you do a bit of searching on here, you may even find some home brew Iconic Frameworks for supers.

Green Knight
Novice

#3 Postby Green Knight » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:37 am

Thanks. I'm looking to recreate a Demigod Super I had for Rifts. Aside from being a Demigod, he had...

- Supernatural Strength
- Ectoplasmic Armor
- Mega-Wings

So he ended up being ridiculously strong, could summon a suit of armor, hand weapons, and shields, as well as wings for flight. The concept behind him was that he was the offspring of a god and an angel, so he was a Demigod, but had an angelic appearance (Hence summoning the armor, sword, shield, and wings, all of which would have an angelic appearance to it). In addition, he was already thousands of years old, and predated the coming of the Rifts. I had an interesting backstory for him that involved his actions during the apocalypse, fighting in the aftermath, and retreating into a hermit like existence as he lost everything he cared about and the world went to hell, with his self-imposed exile beginning before the current calendar even began.

Freemage
Veteran

#4 Postby Freemage » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:53 am

Green Knight wrote:Thanks. I'm looking to recreate a Demigod Super I had for Rifts. Aside from being a Demigod, he had...

- Supernatural Strength
- Ectoplasmic Armor
- Mega-Wings

So he ended up being ridiculously strong, could summon a suit of armor, hand weapons, and shields, as well as wings for flight. The concept behind him was that he was the offspring of a god and an angel, so he was a Demigod, but had an angelic appearance (Hence summoning the armor, sword, shield, and wings, all of which would have an angelic appearance to it). In addition, he was already thousands of years old, and predated the coming of the Rifts. I had an interesting backstory for him that involved his actions during the apocalypse, fighting in the aftermath, and retreating into a hermit like existence as he lost everything he cared about and the world went to hell, with his self-imposed exile beginning before the current calendar even began.

So in the SPC, you're looking at Attack, Melee (for the summoned weapon); Armor; Deflection (for the Shield); Flight; Super Attribute: Strength. If you've got any points left over, I would suggest some Super Skill: Fighting to amp up the Attack, Melee.

I'd suggest looking at the Activation modifier for the Armor, Flight and Deflection powers (since he has to summon the armor, shield and wings). An Angelic Weapon probably has the Lethal modifier--divine wrath doesn't screw around.

Ndreare
Veteran

#5 Postby Ndreare » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Here is a link with a search for Super Karma that will find a ton of conversations on this topic.

search.php?keywords=Super+Karma&fid%5B0%5D=81

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Most relevant "SPC in Rifts" thread I'm aware of: http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=444982#p444982 (the stuff I care about starts on page 2)
My conclusion from that discussion: http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=455963#p455963 (I've gotten to play test it pretty well, very satisfied with the results.)
Other options exists.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Ndreare
Veteran

#7 Postby Ndreare » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:26 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:My conclusion from that discussion: http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=455963#p455963 (I've gotten to play test it pretty well, very satisfied with the results.)
Other options exists.

This one is what we ended up going back to with the two Supers I was GMing. The original way was a little to tough.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”