[Savage Rifts] Loopholes, Min-Maxing and other concepts for Fun and Profit

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

drone4416
Novice

Re: [Savage Rifts] Loopholes, Min-Maxing and other concepts for Fun and Profit

#161 Postby drone4416 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 am

I can't sleep so have a post on a seemingly dead thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present for your viewing pleasure the Cyber Knight Quick flex
Start by being a Quick flex and a cyber knight then take fleet footed, base pace 12 with a d12+1 run die. Get your hands on Cyber-knight light armor for another 2 pace and wall walker because clearly you need to be able to scale a three story building.

Now let's get a little more crazy with it. You need to get the heroes journey roll that makes a successful cast of the speed power you took to be done with a raise. Now you need master psionic for the mega version. Cast it.

You now have a pace of 42 with a d12+1 run that is a free action and auto maxes for a total of 55 game inches every round. Laugh as cars try to run away and show the juicers and crazies what running fast is all about.

Thanks to Valhalla for putting this idea in my head in the first place.

Also if anyone wants me to see how broken I can make an idea put something about it here so I can have something to occupy my mind when I can't sleep.
Party: Why can't we sneak in.
Me: You had me bring a mini-gun.

Freemage
Veteran

#162 Postby Freemage » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 am

My own latest broken concept involves group effort,and assumes a player group of at least four PCs, and works much better with 6 (or more with Sidekicks).

Everyone takes Improved Level-Headed, and Quick. EVERYONE.

With a six-character table, you're now looking at a minimum of 18 cards every initiative draw, none of which are below 6. With Joker's Wild setting rule, this means the party is now getting an average of one bennie every round (along with someone specifically getting that sweet +2 bonus). Obviously, people should be taking Elan ASAP, too. Getting an effective +d6+2 to one action a round (every round) seems like it fits this thread.

Brickulos
Veteran

#163 Postby Brickulos » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:31 am

Freemage wrote:My own latest broken concept involves group effort,and assumes a player group of at least four PCs, and works much better with 6 (or more with Sidekicks).

With a six-character table, you're now looking at a minimum of 18 cards every initiative draw, none of which are below 6. With Joker's Wild setting rule, this means the party is now getting an average of one bennie every round (along with someone specifically getting that sweet +2 bonus). Obviously, people should be taking Elan ASAP, too. Getting an effective +d6+2 to one action a round (every round) seems like it fits this thread.

Sidekicks still act on their "mentors'" initiative.

dentris
Veteran

#164 Postby dentris » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:13 am

Brickulos wrote:
Freemage wrote:My own latest broken concept involves group effort,and assumes a player group of at least four PCs, and works much better with 6 (or more with Sidekicks).

Sidekicks still act on their "mentors'" initiative.

Unless there is a rule I don't remember, they are not. They are Wild Cards and are played as one, which includes having their own initiative card and bennies.

Followers act on someone else's cards, though.

drone4416 wrote:I can't sleep so have a post on a seemingly dead thread.

Munchkinism is never dead.;)
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#165 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 am

Freemage wrote:With a six-character table, you're now looking at a minimum of 18 cards every initiative draw, none of which are below 6.

Note that all Level Headed cards are dealt before checking for Quick.

Brickulos wrote:Sidekicks still act on their "mentors'" initiative.

Either way. They are allied Wild Cards, so there is some real justification for giving them their own Initiative, much like a Wild Card foe would get. Alternatively, the GM can say they act on the Initiative of a player character. Both are fair interpretations of the rules.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

The Ineffible GM
Novice

#166 Postby The Ineffible GM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 am

I ran a one-shot session on the weekend, and amongst the party was a dogboy Glitterboy, a Lyn Sryal cyberknight, a Lyn Sryal melee Burster, and a little human psi-slinger made from a MARS Template.

That Psi-Slinger was the star of every fight.

First turn activate Quickness, pair of TW Shard pistols, all edges for dual-wielding, twelve shots a round.

Here's the character sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aY0 ... sp=sharing

Brickulos
Veteran

#167 Postby Brickulos » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 am

The Ineffible GM wrote:I ran a one-shot session on the weekend, and amongst the party was a dogboy Glitterboy, a Lyn Sryal cyberknight, a Lyn Sryal melee Burster, and a little human psi-slinger made from a MARS Template.

That Psi-Slinger was the star of every fight.

First turn activate Quickness, pair of TW Shard pistols, all edges for dual-wielding, twelve shots a round.

Here's the character sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aY0 ... sp=sharing

He'd have to reload after the first round of shots. A single round of full auto with a Shard Pistol takes 27 rounds, which only holds 36 shots total.

The Ineffible GM
Novice

#168 Postby The Ineffible GM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:38 am

Brickulos wrote:He'd have to reload after the first round of shots. A single round of full auto with a Shard Pistol takes 27 rounds, which only holds 36 shots total.

It takes only 9 shots per full auto burst. Two full turns from Quickness, one burst from each gun per turn, uses 18 shots per turn. Two full turns and he has to reload, but they are TW weapons so that's easy and he has a ton of ISP to do it.

Brickulos
Veteran

#169 Postby Brickulos » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am

The Ineffible GM wrote:
Brickulos wrote:He'd have to reload after the first round of shots. A single round of full auto with a Shard Pistol takes 27 rounds, which only holds 36 shots total.

It takes only 9 shots per full auto burst. Two full turns from Quickness, one burst from each gun per turn, uses 18 shots per turn. Two full turns and he has to reload, but they are TW weapons so that's easy and he has a ton of ISP to do it.

I apologize. I temporarily lost my mind :mrgreen: Reloading does take an action though, so the effort isn't negligible.

The Ineffible GM
Novice

#170 Postby The Ineffible GM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:44 am

Brickulos wrote:
The Ineffible GM wrote:

I apologize. I temporarily lost my mind :mrgreen: Reloading does take an action though, so the effort isn't negligible.

Not negligible, except that by the third round all of the encounters were into the "mop up" stage and he could drop the pistols and draw a spare for free rather than reloading. Or, more than once, use Exalted telekinesis to pick someone up and throw them into someone else to keep busy.

Brickulos
Veteran

#171 Postby Brickulos » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:47 am

The Ineffible GM wrote:
Brickulos wrote:
The Ineffible GM wrote:

Not negligible, except that by the third round all of the encounters were into the "mop up" stage and he could drop the pistols and draw a spare for free rather than reloading. Or, more than once, use Exalted telekinesis to pick someone up and throw them into someone else to keep busy.

Very true! Glad he isn't a one trick pony :drinking:

Ndreare
Veteran

#172 Postby Ndreare » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 am

While not comply broken, this combination can be obnoxious to everyone at the table. (Not sure if it came up).

M.A.R.S. Personal Concept
Hindrance Points: Cyber Tolerance
Hindrance Points: Frenzy
Human Free Edge: Improved Frenzy
MARS: Strong Suit of Armor
MARS: Agile & Quick selects Ambidexterity
MARS: Smart & Learned (because why not)
MARS: To extra HJ Rolls
HJ Rolls
Rolls Cybernetics: Extra Arms
Rolls Exp & Wisdom: Free Background Edge - Arcane Background Magic
Rolls Training: Free Professional Edge - Master of Magic
Rolls Training: Free Combat Edge - Two Fisted
Rolls Magic: +5 AP with Mega Damage Spells
Rolls Magic: +2 Damage with Spells

Selects Quickness, Smite and Summon Ally
Battle starts
Uses Free Action as a Trick
Uses Off Hand to Cast Exhalted Quickness
Uses Main Hand to Cast Smite
Uses Extra Arms fighting attack
Uses Frenzy for Fighting Attack
Uses Ignores 2 Points of MAP Cast Summon Ally to Summon 5 Experienced Soldiers With Ambidexterity and Two Fisted
Has Experienced Soldiers Make Their 10 Attacks
Behind his second turn from Quickness
Uses Free Action as a Trick
Uses Off Hand to Draw Power Points From Ley Line
Uses Main Hand to Shoot
Uses Extra Arms fighting attack
Uses Frenzy for Fighting Attack
Uses Ignores 2 Points of MAP Cast Summon Ally to Summon 5 Experienced Soldiers With Ambidexterity and Two Fisted
Has Experienced Soldiers Make Their 10 Attacks

All said and done the rest of the Group watches as this players rolls 32 different actions, decides they hate him and band him from the table.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#173 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:57 am

Ndreare wrote:While not comply broken, this combination can be obnoxious to everyone at the table. (Not sure if it came up).

That's going to fail. A lot. Because it's wildly unreliable.

First, there is no way to perform a Trick as a Free action. Even the Tricky Fighter edge (not mentioned in your build) removes a MAP when using a Trick and Fighting attack. Still an action.
Second, all casting rolls have a -2 Strain penalty (3 Strain from the arms, mitigated 1 point by Cyber Tolerance). -2 is a significant penalty in this system.
Third, you're assuming that each spell only requires one hand to cast. Not unreasonable, but it's going to depend on the magical tradition being used. Gandalf needed a staff and two hands for his spells.
Fourth, Frenzy is an option applied to a Fighting attack, just like Wild Attack.
Fifth, the "negate MAP penalties" of exalted quickness doesn't apply when you activate that power. You have to successfully cast the power before that benefit applies to the target; it's one of those conditional things. But you have to declare all actions at the start of your turn.
Sixth, you're activating 3 powers in the same turn. That's a -4 MAP, on top of the Trick and Fighting (another -4 MAP). So exalted quickness is being cast at -10, and the other powers are going at -8 (assuming success of exalted quickness), while the Trick and attack are at -6 (assuming success of exalted quickness). In the case of a Tricky Fighter, all of those drop by two, resulting in -8/-6/-4.
Seventh, Extra Arms only gives you one action.

If you just focused on the casting, it would be much more doable. Still sucking up that -2 Strain penalty, but doable.
Also, you've got him blowing through 17 PPE in the first turn (19 if using greater smite) and 7 PPE in second.

To be fair, that one time it works, everyone is going to be both impressed and annoyed. :lol:

DMbobby
Seasoned

#174 Postby DMbobby » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 am

ValhallaGH wrote:
Ndreare wrote:Fourth, Frenzy is an option applied to a Fighting attack, just like Wild Attack.

Frenzy IS an edge and not just an attack option. I think what you might be thinking of is Rapid Attack. Other than that I agree on all your statements especially if you remember that Two Fisted only allows the reduction of the MA Penalty if you are attacking with a weapon and not for casting spells in each hand so realistically you could do 3 attacks with your extra arms (free attack from the cybernetic, frenzy attack, two fisted attack if the GM agrees that you have in fact 2 cybernetic arms from it and that neither of those arms get an offhand penalty just as normal arms d.

So odds are you're going to have any or all of these problems:
1. You will be either casting only 2 spells ignoring the MA penalty because of your bonus or casting a third spell, but all castings will be at -2 (on top of the strain). 2. That pesky Off Hand penalty applies to anything that requires hand eye coordination which again depending on how your magic works is likely to count in any way where single handed casting is a thing without required items. So that's a -2 to the spell cast in the off hand on top of strain and possible MA Penalty.
3. You only have AB:Magic and aren't a Ley Lines Walker. While this is shown in needing to draw in the PPE you also need to remember that your points don't actually double when in a ley line, just your MAX points meaning you'll likely be spending a round or two filling up to that new max before attempting this as the recharge in "Round 2" of your build is a pretty big gamble since as Val pointed out you'll be using 17-19 PPE where your extended max is only 20.
4. The finally thing to remember is this is all only even possible basically IN a ley line, you have to be incredibly close to a line to charge from it and at this point while you are annoying a Ley Lines Walker could be doing all of this on top of flying around with more points and able to recharge every round for free.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Ndreare
Veteran

#175 Postby Ndreare » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 am

Okay revised based on Valhalla’s feedback. I figured only -4 to Quickness, and -2 to Summon Ally something easily overcome with bennies. Forgot about Smite being a third spell, would have to replace that with shooting a laser. Do it should be something like the following.

Casting Requirement Notes Nothing in either Savage Worlds or Palladium Rifts requires multiple hands to cast spells. Specificly even the use of hands is options in Palladium Rifts.
2. To cast a spell requires verbalization - the speaking of the spell invocation. The mantra of the spell must be spoken aloud and with authority. Hand gestures are also usually part of the spell casting process that helps focus and direct the mystic energy. Rifts Ultimate Edition page 189
In Savage Worlds some settings have detailed casting requirements but there is no ‘rule’ in Savage Rifts or SW Deluxe you would inflict our min-maxer with.

Battle starts & Initiative comes up (total penalty I was thinking, but added the -2 from second spell because you pointed out and I missed it)
1 Uses a Trick (No MAP inflicted by this action, Total -2 to roll)
2 Uses Off Hand to Cast Exalted Quickness (No MAP inflicted by this action based on two weapon fighter & Ambidexterity, Total -4 to roll uses bennies)
3 Uses Main Hand to Shoot laser pistol (No MAP inflicted by this action based on two weapon fighter & Ambidexterity, Total -2 to roll ( this was smite and the third spell I missed out on ))
4 Uses Extra Arms Fighting Attack (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Extra-Arms feature, Total -2 to roll)
5 Uses Improved Frenzy (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Edges and use of Extra Arms, Total -2 to roll)
6 Cast Second Spell Summon Ally to Summon 5 Experienced Soldiers With Ambidexterity and Two Fisted (inflicts MAP of -2 on other effects, Total -4 to roll)
Assuming they were summoned Has Experienced Soldiers Make Their 10 Attacks (no MAP or Wild Die)

Second Turn From Quickness
1 Uses a Trick (No MAP inflicted by this action, Total -0 to roll)
2 Uses Quickness to ignore MAP for Draw Power Points from Ley Line (Total -0 to roll)
3 Uses Off Hand to Summon Ally to Summon up to 5 Experienced Soldiers depending on how many PPE draw from Ley Line (inflicts no MAP, Total -0 to roll)
4 Uses Main Hand to Shoot laser pistol (No MAP inflicted by this action based on two weapon fighter & Ambidexterity, Total -0 to roll)
5 Uses Extra Arms Fighting Attack (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Extra-Arms feature, Total -0 to roll)
6 Uses Improved Frenzy (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Edges and use of Extra Arms, Total -0 to roll)

As to power point usage, that is why I use an action to draw PPE. Every turn should draw PPE with one of his actions and summon as many extras as he can pay for. Never maintain the extras, let them work for 3 rounds getting 6 total attacks from each extra and dissipate.

Valhalla Is there something I missed, as our obnoxious character gets going?

PS: This is really hard to do on a phone.

Ndreare
Veteran

#176 Postby Ndreare » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 am

I guess you could use a Lyn Serial lose the Cybernetics and by Improved Frenzy with hindrance points giving up the under Cyber Tolerance.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#177 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 am

DMbobby wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:Fourth, Frenzy is an option applied to a Fighting attack, just like Wild Attack.

Frenzy IS an edge and not just an attack option.

It's an attack option that requires an edge to attempt. But, like Wild Attack, you can use it pretty much all the time, or never - either way, it's a single action.

Ndreare wrote: Casting Requirement Notes Nothing in either Savage Worlds or Palladium Rifts requires multiple hands to cast spells. Specificly even the use of hands is options in Palladium Rifts.
2. To cast a spell requires verbalization - the speaking of the spell invocation. The mantra of the spell must be spoken aloud and with authority. Hand gestures are also usually part of the spell casting process that helps focus and direct the mystic energy. Rifts Ultimate Edition page 189
In Savage Worlds some settings have detailed casting requirements but there is no ‘rule’ in Savage Rifts or SW Deluxe you would inflict our min-maxer with.

Casting trappings are setting dependent, and the core rules are just that - a core. Still, sounds like Palladium generally makes magic as easy to do as possible. Also, if you need to strip a mage of powers, just cut out the tongue.

Ndreare wrote: 1 Uses a Trick (No MAP inflicted by this action, Total -0 to roll)

How? Did this guy pick up Tricky Fighter for free?
Not impossible, but not mentioned.

Ndreare wrote: 2 Uses Off Hand to Cast Exalted Quickness (No MAP inflicted by this action based on two weapon fighter & Ambidexterity, Total -4 to roll uses bennies)

Sorry, not how that works. Handle this with your metal arms, and use your hand for melee murder.

Ndreare wrote: 4 Uses Extra Arms Fighting Attack (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Extra-Arms feature, Total -2 to roll)
5 Uses Improved Frenzy (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Edges and use of Extra Arms, Total -2 to roll)

This is the same action. One action. Because Extra Arms only gives one action, which you're using to perform Improved Frenzy. It does not give two hands of actions. (Seriously, follow the link.)

6 Cast Second Spell Summon Ally to Summon 5 Experienced Soldiers With Ambidexterity and Two Fisted (inflicts MAP of -2 on other effects, Total -4 to roll)
Assuming they were summoned Has Experienced Soldiers Make Their 10 Attacks (no MAP or Wild Die)

Ndreare wrote: 5 Uses Extra Arms Fighting Attack (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Extra-Arms feature, Total -0 to roll)
6 Uses Improved Frenzy (No MAP inflicted by this action based on Edges and use of Extra Arms, Total -0 to roll)

Again, this is one action.

Ndreare wrote:PS: This is really hard to do on a phone.

Sympathies.

DMbobby
Seasoned

#178 Postby DMbobby » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am

Did not know that about Frenzy, did some digging apparently been doing it wrong good to know it's a single Wild Die.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Freemage
Veteran

#179 Postby Freemage » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Note that Cyber-Tolerant (from the SFC) doesn't actually reduce Strain; rather, it increases your max Strain (and in that regard, is actually inferior to Upgradable). You must be thinking of Cyber-Psychic Alignment, which only reduces Strain by 1 (by 2 for Improved). Since you have Extra Arms, which require a Reinforced Frame, you've got a minimum of 4 Strain of cyberware, but the penalty for casting is reduced to - assuming you have ICPA.

Furthermore, you missed this line, from the Cybernetics table: If any roll results in an upgrade that requires another form of cybernetics be installed, and your hero doesn’t have that piece, replace the roll with the required piece. You're going to need two rolls on Cybernetics to get the Reinforced Frame AND the Extra Arms.

Finally, Cyber-psychic alignment chain is going to require not one, but two different Traits at d10. You're going to need to dive into custom race building rules--8 points gets you two die-bumps to both Spirit and Vigor, meaning you get those to d10 without any dump-stats. You'll lose the free Human Edge, but that's okay--turns out, you won't need that to get all the Edges you want, anyway, so long as you get perfect F&G/HJ rolls.

Okay, so I'm putting together what ValhallaGH said, and I think this is what you're left with:

Here's the build you'll want (I tweaked the Magic Table rolls to better support this character concept, since you don't actually make a lot of use of your damaging spells, if you even have any); note that you'll need Spirit and Vigor at d10s, so you're dumb and weak and slow to start out:

M.A.R.S. Personal Concept
Hindrance Points: Cyber-Psychic Alignment
Hindrance Points: Improved Cyber-Psychic Alignment
MARS: 2 extra HJ Rolls
MARS: Agile & Quick selects Ambidexterity
HJ Rolls (9 total)
Rolls Cybernetics: Reinforced Frame
Rolls Cybernetics: Extra Arms
Rolls Exp & Wisdom: Free Background Edge - Arcane Background Magic
Rolls Training: Free Professional Edge - Master of Magic
Rolls Training: Free Combat Edge - Two Fisted
Rolls Training: Free Combat Edge - Frenzy
Rolls Training: Free Combat Edge - Improved Frenzy
Rolls Training: Free Combat Edge - Tricky Fighter
Rolls Magic: Auto-Raise on Success - Quickness

And here's the sequence of actions:

Battle starts & Initiative comes up (All your rolls are at -6; casting rolls are at a total of -8 due to Strain)
1 Roll Smarts Trick (No MAP)
2 Uses Extra Arms to Cast Exalted Quickness (Counts as an Action)
3 Uses Main Hand to Shoot laser pistol (Counts as an Action)
4 Uses Off Hand to make an Improved Frenzied Fighting Attack (No MAP; two Fighting dice, one Wild die)
5 Uses Second Spell Summon Ally to Summon 5 Experienced Soldiers With Ambidexterity and Two Fisted (Counts as an Action)
6 Assuming they were summoned Has Experienced Soldiers Make Their 10 Attacks (no MAP or Wild Die)

Second Turn From Quickness (All your rolls at -4; casting rolls are a total of -6 due to Strain)
1 Roll Smarts Trick (No MAP)
2 Draw Power Points from Ley Line (Counts as an Action)
3 Uses Extra Arms to Cast Summon Ally to Summon up to 5 Experienced Soldiers depending on how many PPE draw from Ley Line (No MAP)
4 Uses Main Hand to Shoot laser pistol (Counts as an Action)
5 Uses Off-hand to make an Improved Frenzied Fighting Attack (No MAP; two Fighting dice, one Wild die)
6 Assuming they were summoned, Has Wave II Experienced Soldiers Make Their Attacks (no MAP or Wild Die)
[/quote]

The key point is that you can't get any benefit to spellcasting from Two-Fisted (which is used for Fighting, Shooting and Throwing; an exceptionally generous GM--really, what did you give him, a bottle of 21-year-old top-shelf scotch?--might allow a handful of spells, but I don't regard either Quickness or Summon Ally as 'attacks', by any stretch of the imagination); you need to use the Extra Arms for casting so as to get the free action from them. Furthermore, you don't calculate MAPs for each action, but for each full turn (Quickness gets you two of these); the MAP then applies to all actions taken, even free ones.

Ndreare
Veteran

#180 Postby Ndreare » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Okay so let’s revise this a bit again. (I had thought I used a HJ roll for Tricky fighter before, and never used the XP from MARS)

Is something missing from this one Valhalla?

PS: I had completely missed the last paragraph of frenzy which reads quite clearly “A character armed with two weapons still only makes one extra attack.” So for ridiculous wait for me guy I am changing up a bit.

Mr Rediculous Wait For Me Guy

RACE: D’norr ICONIC: M.A.R.S. Personal Concept

ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Strength d4, Smarts d12, Spirit d12, Vigor d6

SKILLS: Spellcasting d12+2* (3 points), Kn Arcane d12 (3 points), Taunt d12 (3 points), 11 points left in skills

EDGES

Race: Intelligent & Spiritual starts (with d6 smarts and d6 spirit)

Race: Natural Arcane Affinity (+5 PPE)

Race: Personable (+1 Charisma)

Hindrance Points: Level Headed

Hindrance Points: Professional Spellcasting d12+1

Personal Concept Free Edge: Expert Spellcasting d12+2

Personal Concept Free Edge: Master Spellcasting d12+2 & d10 wild die

MARS: Smart & Learned (Smarts raised to d12, Spellcasting d6, Kn Arcane d6, & Taunt d6)

MARS: Spiritual & Determined (Spirit raised to d12, gains Strong Will)

MARS: Vigorous & Tough (Vigor d6 & Nerves of Steel) [because why not? Can’t just not use a roll]

MARS: Two extra HJ Rolls (6 total)

1st HJ Experience & Wisdom: Free Background Edge - Arcane Background Magic

2nd HJ Experience & Wisdom 15-16: Wizard

3rd HJ Training 15-16: Improved Level Headed

4th HJ Magic & Mysticism 4-7: More Power (+5 PPE)

5th HJ Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets 1: Staff of Awesome 10 PPE, +1 to Spell Casting, Contains Boost/Lower Trait & Quickness (Str+d6, Reach 1, Parry +1, two handed) that even does Mega Damage if 2 PPE is channeled through it that round.

05 Exp: Power Points (+5 PPE)

10 Exp: Elan (+2 when using a benny)

15 Exp: New Power: Deflection

20 Exp: Master of Magic

POWERS:, Invisibility, Slumber & Summon Ally

Battle starts & Initiative comes up The odds of winning this are slightly in the character favor.

1 Declare casting 2 spells applying a -2 MAP (Starts with 25+10=35 PPE to use)

2 Cast Invisibility (Total roll d12+1 & d10 wild die, 31 PPE Left plus 1 per raise rolled, use benny if close as Elan will automatically make it roll +1d6+2)

3 Cast Force Multiplication to Summon 13 Mirror Images (Total roll d12+1 & d10 wild die, 4 PPE Left, use Benny to preserve PPE if possible)

4.1a Each Mirror Image Declares casting 2 spells applying a -2 MAP to d12+1 Casting (Starts with 12 PPE to use)

4.1b Each Mirror Image Cast Slumber on Enemies (Total roll d12-1, with 8 PPE to use, roll for 13 medium templates, expect 8 to succeed, 1 to become shaken)

4.1c About 12 Mirror Images Cast Summon Ally, summoning 5 Experienced Soldiers with Ambidexterity, Two Fisted, and armed with grenades & L-20 laser rifles; RoF 4 (Total roll d12-1, with 1 PPE left to use, expect 66% success, and 1 caster to be shaken)

Any enemies still alive after making 8 saves versus slumber will be attacked by the ~40 Experienced soldier each making two attacks. (Can you say grenade volley)

Total dice you rolled on your turn
2 Wild Card
13*2-1 for shaken guy not rolling to summon
40*4 for shooting, plus 1 die for running
188 rolls by the player!!!
Don't forget the GM had to roll however many Spirit rolls were required by your sleep spells.

Finally, the other players beat you down and toss you bodily from the building.

You never get to declare that on the next turn you start off my drawing up PPE and casting invisibility or even true invisibility on yourself to hide depending on how big your roll aced.

[Edited based on feedback]
Last edited by Ndreare on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”