[SR] Starting Powers

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [SR] Starting Powers

#21 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Sure is. But a Medium Missile Launcher with anti-vehicle missiles deals 7d6, AP 20, Mega Damage. That will average 29.4, AP 20 against the Dragon's 44 (20), or an average of one wound per missile hit (plus a second wound on average damage for Shooting with a Raise).
Then there are Heavy Rail Guns. RoF 3, AP 18, 4d10+4 (average 28.4 damage, AP 18, for a Shaken, or 32.6 with a Raise, for average two wounds).
A UAR-1 mounts both of those weapon systems. :arrow:
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

JurneeJakes
Novice

#22 Postby JurneeJakes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Well there ya go, I guess. Still seems odd to me, but I'll concede the point.

dentris
Veteran

#23 Postby dentris » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm

JurneeJakes wrote:The Mystic is the only Arcane IF that gets Shapechange by default, though with the appropriate HJ roll, anyone with an Arcane Background could take it and change into an Adult Dragon at Novice level, ley line or not. Yes, I realize it only lasts a minute and can be dispelled, but as a player stated in the game "If I can be a better dragon taking a spellcaster, why am I bothering to be a Hatchling?"

Yes an no.

If you get the Shapechange power through the HJ roll that gives you any Novice power...it is considered a Novice power, therefore not subjet to the Born a Hero rule and doesn't give you all its Legendary perks...You must get to Legendary first.
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

JurneeJakes
Novice

#24 Postby JurneeJakes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:37 pm

dentris wrote:
JurneeJakes wrote:The Mystic is the only Arcane IF that gets Shapechange by default, though with the appropriate HJ roll, anyone with an Arcane Background could take it and change into an Adult Dragon at Novice level, ley line or not. Yes, I realize it only lasts a minute and can be dispelled, but as a player stated in the game "If I can be a better dragon taking a spellcaster, why am I bothering to be a Hatchling?"

Yes an no.

If you get the Shapechange power through the HJ roll that gives you any Novice power...it is considered a Novice power, therefore not subjet to the Born a Hero rule and doesn't give you all its Legendary perks...You must get to Legendary first.

Yep, that's my bad. Gotta remember this stuff in the moment. Also, the Mystic had Soul Blast as his trapping which isn't allowed either apparently.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”