Damage to Equipment and Armour

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

RBailey78
Novice

Damage to Equipment and Armour

#1 Postby RBailey78 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:11 am

Hello,
New fan brought in to Savage Worlds by the Savage Rifts kickstarter.

I've been reading through the rules of both SW and SavRifts and have questions about armour and durability.

In Palladium Rifts, one of the hallmarks of power armour and full enviro MDC body armour was that it saved your characters life and needed to be repaired and maintained. If a group defeated a CS SAMAS and managed to salvage the power armour for themselves, they were told how much damage it had taken and would need to repair both armour and weapons before either selling or using themselves.

My question is, does equipment, like armour and power armour, take damage or battle fatigue that needs to be repaired from combat use? I may have missed this, and have seen the rules regarding vehicles and damage and damage effects (criticals) but do not see the same treatment for armour/power armour?

Any advice for an old Palladium Rifts mindset?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Damage to Equipment and Armour

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:49 am

Welcome to the forum!
A bit of forum convention: when you're starting a thread about a specific setting, it is polite to put the setting into the thread title. In this case, that would be [Savage Rifts] or [SR] for short.

It's a holiday weekend, so you probably won't hear from the Pinnacle crew until Tuesday (or later). :(

To tide you over, I'll point out an existing thread on the same topic. The central question is well addressed on the first page; then the whole things spins off on tangents about combat doctrine, weapon systems, and the strategic value of field artillery. :lol:
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Damage to Equipment and Armour

#3 Postby Clint » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:47 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:To tide you over, I'll point out an existing thread on the same topic. The central question is well addressed on the first page; then the whole things spins off on tangents about combat doctrine, weapon systems, and the strategic value of field artillery. :lol:

One of the posts in that thread references an earlier one I made on applying armor degradation from damage. Here's a link to save some searching...

viewtopic.php?p=447765#p447765
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”