[SR] powers by background and rank

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Erolat
Novice

[SR] powers by background and rank

#1 Postby Erolat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Ok, I give. Earlier this week, I want to say Tuesday, I saw a post linking a spreadsheet that listed all the powers and cross referenced them to the backgrounds that could use them and included a color coding for the rank of the powers. Now I cannot find that link.

HELP!

Severite
Novice

Re: [SR] powers by background and rank

#2 Postby Severite » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Erolat wrote:Ok, I give. Earlier this week, I want to say Tuesday, I saw a post linking a spreadsheet that listed all the powers and cross referenced them to the backgrounds that could use them and included a color coding for the rank of the powers. Now I cannot find that link.

HELP!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I am rather pleased someone did this as well. I plan to do a similar thing for the weapons

malikaithered
Novice

#3 Postby malikaithered » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:41 pm

You're welcome :)

Erolat
Novice

#4 Postby Erolat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 pm

You guys rock. malikaithered for making it, Severite for helping me re-find it.

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

#5 Postby Phasma Felis » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 am

Severite wrote:I am rather pleased someone did this as well. I plan to do a similar thing for the weapons

Just make a weapon spreadsheet, you mean? Or something else?

Severite
Novice

#6 Postby Severite » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 am

Phasma Felis wrote:
Severite wrote:I am rather pleased someone did this as well. I plan to do a similar thing for the weapons

Just make a weapon spreadsheet, you mean? Or something else?

I made a spreadsheet for the weapons, with their damages, and information. Then, to bring a bit more variety, made a second sheet with the various weapons differentiated. For instance, NG is known for their heavy duty and reliable weaponry(they get a modifier on the breakdown table), while wilks' lasers' are second to none, and tend to be superiorly balanced, and receive a plus one to overcome minuses, etc.

I wanted to maintain balance, while also making it 'matter' what gear you choose to equip.

Original goal is I wanted to avoid having to crack open the book for weapons, secondary goal was to improve breath into the world. I believe I succeeded. Also, imo, the railgun damages were WAY out of wack between damage, ROF, and armor piercing. I won't lie, it also doesn't make sense to me that a heavy railgun is a heavy railgun, all with the same 'exact' stats between them. So, yes, differentiated depending on manufacturer, and an overall toning down on railguns on the second sheet, with the first sheet being identical to RAW. I used it as the base template.

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

#7 Postby Phasma Felis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Cool, that could be interesting.

Severite
Novice

#8 Postby Severite » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Phasma Felis wrote:Cool, that could be interesting.

Are you asking me to post it? I don't mind, but given my earlier experience with the board, I didn't think it would be something people would want.

Phasma Felis
Seasoned

#9 Postby Phasma Felis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Severite wrote:
Phasma Felis wrote:Cool, that could be interesting.

Are you asking me to post it? I don't mind, but given my earlier experience with the board, I didn't think it would be something people would want.

Sure. :) I don't know if I'd use it or not, but I'm curious to see and discuss it.

Yeah, people can be pretty critical here sometimes. :( Sorry about that. I try to temper my criticism with positivity. :)

operations
Seasoned

#10 Postby operations » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Severite wrote:
Erolat wrote:Ok, I give. Earlier this week, I want to say Tuesday, I saw a post linking a spreadsheet that listed all the powers and cross referenced them to the backgrounds that could use them and included a color coding for the rank of the powers. Now I cannot find that link.

HELP!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I am rather pleased someone did this as well. I plan to do a similar thing for the weapons

Totally saved that link.
~~KT~~

Legendary Teeth
Novice

#11 Postby Legendary Teeth » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

I love the huge variety of cool looking weapons in classic Rifts and would LOVE some charts with minor bonuses that give the players a reason to care about them in SR

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”