[Savage Rifts] Automatic Megadamage + Summon Ally

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

rogue-z
Novice

[Savage Rifts] Automatic Megadamage + Summon Ally

#1 Postby rogue-z » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but on the off chance I'm wrong...

If a character has the Automatic Megadamage edge thing from the Magic Hero's Journey table and they cast Summon Ally, does the ally do megadamage?

Brickulos
Veteran

Re: [Savage Rifts] Automatic Megadamage + Summon Ally

#2 Postby Brickulos » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Maybe? I'd ask in the Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work forum.

Tbone9581
Novice

#3 Postby Tbone9581 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I would say nope. It is not a damage dealing spell itself, the things it summons deal the damage. That being said, I could see a trapping effect maybe could be applied. Off the top my head maybe +2 ppts keeping in line with making tw weapons deal mega damage.

Kaandorian
Novice

#4 Postby Kaandorian » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Tbone9581 wrote:I would say nope. It is not a damage dealing spell itself, the things it summons deal the damage.

Exactly.
Summon Ally does not directly deal damage.
Think of Pummel. If the spell has the target taking falling damage, it wouldn't be Mega Damage.

But, if one of my players asked it, I think I would allow it (I mean... it has to be bigger, faster and over the top, right? :D ). I don't see any particular balance issue in allowing it, but it would be a HR in my opinion.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”