Rifts: Ritualism

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Lighthouse
Seasoned

Rifts: Ritualism

#1 Postby Lighthouse » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I was thinking of playing an ETU character in Rifts. How would a ritualism magic user OCC look like? Or should I go MARS? Would it use powerpoints because Rifts does? Or not because though not using powerpoints can be handy it would mean not using Technowizard devices. I mainly like the idea that for a minus to your roll you can extend the duration to hours or days and the range to miles. What do you think?

edit: can you recommend how to beef it up for Rifts so I can hand a recommendation to my GM?
Last edited by Lighthouse on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Rifts: Ritualism

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Sounds like a M.A.R.S. Personal Concept character.
You'll have to negotiate with the GM about the mechanics of ritual magic in Rifts, though the ETU version is super-weak for Rifts Earth.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

DMbobby
Seasoned

Re: Rifts: Ritualism

#3 Postby DMbobby » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 am

Ritualism can be dropped into just about any setting. One thing you might want to talk to your GM about is if you can take Arcane Background: Magic after entering the Rifts world both for the points for devices and to show how much more prevalent magic is here. That said technically there's nothing stopping the GM from allowing the Mega Trapping powers to also be made into rituals. In fact in my ETU game I'm currently running I'm looking at moving those higher power trappings into immensely powerful ritual. I'd also suggest ley lines providing Ritualism bonuses for casting on or near them.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”