[SR] What did the Crazy do? and other silly stories of the multiverse

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

dentris
Veteran

[SR] What did the Crazy do? and other silly stories of the multiverse

#1 Postby dentris » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

We just finished Garnet Town Gambit (in which i'm a Dwarven Techno-Wizard) and my brother is playing a Crazy. He loves playing wacky characters with weird motivations and the Crazy was a perfect match for him. He actually made the whole table laugh a few times last session and urged me to start this thread.

Let's just put a few rules before getting started.
1. Rule of Fun is more important than anything else. Please do not derail this thread by saying how such and such actions wouldn't be possible. We are here to have fun
2. You mut tell something that actually happened in one of your game.
3. The Crazies will probably be overrepresented in the thread, but any funny moments can be used, whether or not they were initiated by a Crazy

That being said, just before an important encounter in the adventure, the whole group decided on a course of action. The opening move was given to the Crazy and required him to use his Puppet power. At first, the Cyber-Knight discussed with the target a bit, trying to make him surrender before we all go gun-blazing on him, but when he realized it wouldn't work, he turned towards my brother and said ''Do your thing!''.

So the Crazy promptly and proudly put down his pants.
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

blackwingedheaven
Seasoned

Re: [SR] What did the Crazy do? and other silly stories of the multiverse

#2 Postby blackwingedheaven » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am

The party leader of my current game is a d'norr ley line walker named Jon who constantly insists that he's not the party leader. Because of his Monologuer HIndrance, he occasionally lapses into supervillain rants about how all who oppose him will be destroyed. During such events, he always refers to his party as "Jon's [insert something different every time]." To which someone asked a few sessions back, "If you're not party leader, why are we 'Jon's Whatevers'?" His response was, "I'm not morally responsible for your actions--only financially responsible." XD
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

Alrik_vas
Seasoned

#3 Postby Alrik_vas » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Our Crazy, Syracuse New York, is a monologue machine as well. And it all comes across in 1920's gumshoe diction. They found an abandoned facility in the mountains. It's pre-Rifts, so they were looking for salvage and such.

Syracuse keeps being the only one to succeed on notice rolls when the ancient cameras "wink" at the party. They gain power for just a short moment to get snap shots of where they are (the base has a controller who was keeping tabs on them). Yet because he's the only one actually noticing, and he's a nobhead...everyone thinks he's imagining things.

Except an NPC, who crit-failed a smarts roll, and thinks the Crazy is onto something. :D

Syracuse: "It's time's like these, on these dark and stormy nights when the dames come outta the woodwork and are sayin', 'save me, save me', yeh see, that's when I miss my old pal Jonsey. Yeah, he was always lookin' out for me, see? But ol' Jonsey, he got put on ice by the big AI in the sky, see? I tell ya, they're comin' for us, sweetheart. It's the end of the road, don't have no regrets, get me? Lay it all on the table, the big curtain's gonna fall, darlin'. Them robots is gonna rub us out!"

NPC: "Don't call me sweetheart."

Syracuse: "Sure thing, doll."

Darq666
Veteran

#4 Postby Darq666 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Two Crazies in a game (one is our PC, the other an enemy NPC), they are going at it hand to hand, then they stop for a moment, exchange recipes, make a date for the following weekend, and then go back to killing each other.

Had a juicer who exercises his Blaze of Glory. Runs into an enemy camp, pulls the pins on everyone's grenades, grabs the enemy leader in a bear hug, plants a big juicy kiss on her, says 'Buh Bye" and everyone blows up.... EPIC Blaze of glory

Alrik_vas
Seasoned

#5 Postby Alrik_vas » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Darq666 wrote: Had a juicer who exercises his Blaze of Glory. Runs into an enemy camp, pulls the pins on everyone's grenades, grabs the enemy leader in a bear hug, plants a big juicy kiss on her, says 'Buh Bye" and everyone blows up.... EPIC Blaze of glory

:1xyxthumbs:

Novac
Novice

#6 Postby Novac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:46 am

Our cyborg is intent to out crazy everyone with his wacky hi-jinks, overshadowed my crazy's IN character with his OUT of character "nuttiness". Anytime I did something "crazy" in character he felt the need to top it and while I am generally set at 6, he is defaulted at 15.

Mad Paladin
Novice

#7 Postby Mad Paladin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm noticing that having a dragon can be funnier than a Crazy.

The dragon and the Cyber-Knight arguing over who can be eaten is always priceless.

Brickulos
Veteran

#8 Postby Brickulos » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:22 pm

My Dragon PC has started to collect a hoard in a town they've turned into an HQ. The unifying theme of the hoard? Nerdy memorabilia and merch. She recently discovered a cache of Pre-Golden Age Pop Vinyl figures.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

#9 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Mad Paladin wrote:I'm noticing that having a dragon can be funnier than a Crazy.

I'm watching the Happy Jack's RPG Podcast and that's just about true for them! Lol

Their dragon is named Tiffany and has the personality of a young teen girl. It's wonderful. The trapping for her Stun power is overpowering glitter and rainbows. She calls it the Lisa Frank Field. :lol:

She didn't quite out-crazy the crazy, though. He literally heard voices in his head. Since it's a live video stream, the stream chat were the voices he heard, and if they told him what to do he'd often do it. It was brilliant! Lol

Sadly that character died at the end of the Garnet Town Gambit. BUT! In an earlier session he roleplayed that some of the little people in his head "invaded" someone in Garnet Town, and after his character died they joked that he could run that guy now with the same gimmick. :lol:

Their YouTube site is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfZ1Vs ... 5JRAQynGIg

But they also stream on Twitch. The Savage Rifts game is every other Monday at 8 pm Pacific time, so the next stream is set for April 17.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

werewolfhunter
Novice

#10 Postby werewolfhunter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 am

My father is playing a Crazy with the Monologuer hindrance also (I got the feeling that it was put in the book just for crazies). His is based around potatoes. Much like Bubba, in Forest Gump, but instead of shrimp its potatoes. Its even part of the trappings of his powers. He throws a potato at the enemies for his Confusion power. Has a bandoleer of potatoes, throws them for his bolt power, calling them his hot potatoes.

The Ineffible GM
Novice

#11 Postby The Ineffible GM » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:37 am

In the game that I was running, the group was on a slow moving supply truck trying to outrun a herd of Simvan Monster Raiders that were on a variety of mounts.

The Simvan on the Fury Beetle got righ up to the back bumper, and our Glitterboy decided to jump on to the back of the beetle. He made his roll, and then proceeded to activate his pylons to attack and subdue the beast.

His roll exploded. It was well into the thirties. He said he wasn't trying to kill it, just subdue it.

He wound up piloting the Fury Beetle with the pylons he had driven into the creature's back.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”