Cybernetic Equipment

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

JurneeJakes
Novice

Cybernetic Equipment

#1 Postby JurneeJakes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:22 am

While the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide has some nifty cybernetics and bionics, compared to Palladium RIFTS, it's a bit lacking. I'd like to see a list of what people have come up with, either converted or original.

I've been trying to develop a flight system for a Cyborg, and first I thought I'd base implanted equipment on the Close Combat Weapon System, and try to build in a Falcon jetpack but 7 Strain seemed a bit steep (35lbs, 1 Strain/5 lbs). So I went to the Science Fiction Companion, but all I could find were the rules for modifying Power Armor. The Power Armor Flight System states 1 Mod/Size and $5k/Size for Flight = Pace, Climb 0. This can be upgraded an unlimited amount of times, and either increases Pace by your base, or improves Climb by 1. Seem fair?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Cybernetic Equipment

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 am

JurneeJakes wrote:I'd like to see a list of what people have come up with, either converted or original.

Nothing myself, though some of my players have me kicking around an optic camo system (ala GitS or Deus Ex).

JurneeJakes wrote:I've been trying to develop a flight system for a Cyborg, ... all I could find were the rules for modifying Power Armor. The Power Armor Flight System states 1 Mod/Size and $5k/Size for Flight = Pace, Climb 0. This can be upgraded an unlimited amount of times, and either increases Pace by your base, or improves Climb by 1. Seem fair?

Well, most people are Size 0, which would make flight at Pace 8,082,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 free and zero Strain for an average person. :P
So, I'd hard minimum that at 1 Strain and 50k credits (the guideline for importing SFC gear to SR is multiply prices by ten, TLPG page 103) for Pace 6, Climb 0, improving by Pace +6 or Climb +1 per implant. For 100,000 credits and 2 Strain, you can fly as well as a Lyn-Srial.
Having looked at that, I'd up it to 2 Strain (+1 / Size) for Flight at Pace 6, Climb 0. At 50,000 credits, it's appropriately priced compared to the other Mobility Upgrade cybernetics. That also seems in line with the D-Bee creation costs and most other cybernetic Strain costs (other than Attribute increases, Armor plating, and Reinforced Frame, most cybernetics have the same Strain as the value of the similar race ability; which fits the tech of the setting pretty well, since physical improvements are some of the oldest and most refined cybernetic technologies).
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

JurneeJakes
Novice

Re: Cybernetic Equipment

#3 Postby JurneeJakes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:40 am

Sorry, my intent was that it should require a Reinforced Frame (as most heavy Cyber seems to) and be +1 Strain per improvement. So a regularly sized human could get a Pace 12, Climb 0 or Pace 6, Climb 1 for 1 Strain. Minimum Strain 1 should be noted too I suppose.

But, I hadn't noticed the relation between Cybernetics and Race abilities. I'll do that up.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”