Savage Worlds licensing wishlist - The Witcher

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

BPExplorer
Novice

Savage Worlds licensing wishlist - The Witcher

#1 Postby BPExplorer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:38 pm

If the stars ever align that this could happen, please, please, PLEASE get the Witcher license so that its awesome world could get a full-on Savage Worlds treatment! I know we're blessed with a lot of SW fantasy tools but I would love to see Pinnacle's official take on the Witcher's dark fantasy setting.

I know that there is a Witcher RPG in the works but what's been teased of the system doesn't really thrill me and honestly, I can't think of another fantasy RPG that could handle The Witcher better than Savage Worlds.

SavageGamerGirl
Legendary

Re: Savage Worlds licensing wishlist - The Witcher

#2 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 pm

If we're wishing, there are a lot of great properties that would work well with Savage Worlds.

I think SW could do SW... as in, Star Wars, very easily. Sure, you could bodge up a good Star Wars using Last Parsec and/or the Sci-Fi Companion, but an official treatment would be amazing.

Marvel Super-Heroes, based on the MCU, and using the Super Powers Companion 2 would be quite a coup. Again, it's something one could do on one's own, but it would be great if Pinnacle could snag it as a license.

Hellboy. 'Nuff said. Take one Super Powers Companion and one Horror Companion and one Hellboy license and smoosh them together.

As a fan of fun, strange, "concept" games (I'm the one who did the MLP/Call of Cthulhu crossover adventure after all), one could blow the dust off of the Bunnies and Burrows license. GURPS did it, so why not SW? There are already a few games out there, like Packs (which is basically a Rats of NIMH RPG, but with the rats being non-anthropomorphic), that show it could be done.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Snate56
Legendary

#3 Postby Snate56 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm

I love Bunnies & Burrows, but frankly the world is so simple there is really nothing to convert.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

PhilOfCalth
Novice

#4 Postby PhilOfCalth » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:54 pm

For my normal drum, that I like to bang:
Weird Wars Modern (I know it's not a license but still)
Motobushido (I know they already have this license, but have yet to do anything with it)

Other, more fantastical thoughts would be:
Samurai Jack
Metroid
Worms (As in the turn based strategy game series)

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:24 am

Samurai Jack is quite doable, with minimal effort. It's mostly Construct slapped onto a fantasy adventure world that happens to include a lot of guns. I ran a very successful one-shot in the setting many years ago.
I understand wanting official licensing, though.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

PhilOfCalth
Novice

#6 Postby PhilOfCalth » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 am

Oh oh oh. I just thought... Paranoia!!!

Snate56
Legendary

#7 Postby Snate56 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 am

I've thought about Paranoia myself but it rather depends on the chaotic and quite arbitrary assignment of target numbers, something not normal to the Savage Worlds ruleset.
It's certainly possible but I couldn't come up with a way to approach it that I liked. I think it would drop a pretty heavy burden onto the GM (part of why I don't like the Paranoia rules) and Savage Worlds is all about easing that burden.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”