[SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

Information and comments on all Pinnacle licensed Savage Settings. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [SR] for Savage Rifts®, [6G] for The Sixth Gun, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Licensee settings by 3rd parties are below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Message
Author
clawingwolf
Novice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

[SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#1 Postby clawingwolf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

So I'm wondering how I should go about making a Demigod race (half god half mortal) for Savage Rifts. In Palladium RIFTS they have supernatural strength, MDC skin, and great regeneration every min plus above average stats across the board and 1 Godling power.

I'm thinking of using the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion. As it has power Armour which can be Heavy Armour, it has Regeneration, it has attribute increases, and other powers.

Its just I'm not sure how to go about it so that when someone plays a demigod, its more powerful yes because they have one parent that is god, but not to powerful that they arn't way overpowered when they take a Iconic Framework. I guess I'm looking for suggested racial or regular hindrances to add. I think for sure Negative Racial Ability Cyber Resistant


What I have so far is:
Powers:
Armouer Level 1 Heavy (5 Points)
Regeneration level 3 (6 points)
Fearless (2 Points)
Super Attribute 1 level each attribute (10 points)
Total 23 points so far

Negative Racial Ability Cyber Resistant

Mad Paladin
Novice
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#2 Postby Mad Paladin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Just a suggestion about the armor. A lot of supernatural races were MD in original Rifts because, well, everything was, and if you weren't, you were dead. But since heavy weapons in SR don't instantly invoke the chunky salsa rule, I don't think it's necessary.

Severite
Novice
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#3 Postby Severite » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 pm

clawingwolf wrote:So I'm wondering how I should go about making a Demigod race (half god half mortal) for Savage Rifts. In Palladium RIFTS they have supernatural strength, MDC skin, and great regeneration every min plus above average stats across the board and 1 Godling power.

I'm thinking of using the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion. As it has power Armour which can be Heavy Armour, it has Regeneration, it has attribute increases, and other powers.

Its just I'm not sure how to go about it so that when someone plays a demigod, its more powerful yes because they have one parent that is god, but not to powerful that they arn't way overpowered when they take a Iconic Framework. I guess I'm looking for suggested racial or regular hindrances to add. I think for sure Negative Racial Ability Cyber Resistant


What I have so far is:
Powers:
Armouer Level 1 Heavy (5 Points)
Regeneration level 3 (6 points)
Fearless (2 Points)
Super Attribute 1 level each attribute (10 points)
Total 23 points so far

Negative Racial Ability Cyber Resistant


I would suggest dropping the attributes, as it really just isn't necessary to catch the feel of the race, and dropping fearless, bringing it down to a slightly easier 11 points, then give them major hindrance vow, as they have to deal with their parent, and, well, maybe make them take the rest of the points in hindrances tied to who their parents are, that are not allowed to be spent. Would add an interesting dynamic, and be versatile enough to handle both Persephone and Hercules.

Brickulos
Veteran
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#4 Postby Brickulos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:10 pm

If you're using a bunch of powers from the Super Powers Companion, you may just want to build a super and call them a Demigod. There's a Godling IF and Demigod racial template rattling around here somewhere.

User avatar
Hendell
Seasoned
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:01 am

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#5 Postby Hendell » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:36 am

Two things about Savage Rifts.

Nobody needs MDC any more, with the exception of very low toughness MDC things being 'immune' and oddly high damage rolls throwing off the statistics just about anything that is listed with MDC was already tough enough to ignore non MDC weapons anyways. The system mechanic still has some minor value but it is mostly just a keyword to notify the reader that something is more like a tank than it is like infantry.

If its a race, call it a race. Don't try to over use the Iconic Focus as a 'power boost' to a strong race simply because it can be done, you don't need it and even in the case of the hatchling dragon it hardly helps.
Hero of The Megaverse #1759
Star Citizen #19667

ValhallaGH
Legendary
Posts: 8293
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:53 am

This is what I used for my campaign: http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=459838#p459838

Built using the D-Bee creation rules. It's been working pretty well. The player took Vagabond (sobriquet The Wanderer made that an easy choice) and the core rules Arcane Background (Super Powers) as each use of his divine energy is a specialized skill requiring training to master. Thanks to Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted, the extra action, and exalted quickness, he is a beast in close combat, and not bad at ranged combat the few times he's fired or thrown weapons.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

User avatar
Barbelith Rising
Novice
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 am

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#7 Postby Barbelith Rising » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am

Here is my godling if

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=51884&p=460488#p460488

Also, for Demigods, I'm using olymups Inc races as written in that book.

IMO they are perfect for rifts, just add an IF.

clawingwolf
Novice
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#8 Postby clawingwolf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Brickulos wrote:If you're using a bunch of powers from the Super Powers Companion, you may just want to build a super and call them a Demigod.


Yes I thought about that, but then could they still take a IF. Like in Palladium RIFTS you could be a Demigod Ley Line Walker, or Cyber Knight, ect. That's why when going through the Powers book I was trying to keep the points down. Because in Palladium RIFTS you can also be a superhero, but they don't get OCC, now known as IF's.

Hendell wrote:If its a race, call it a race. Don't try to over use the Iconic Focus as a 'power boost' to a strong race simply because it can be done, you don't need it and even in the case of the hatchling dragon it hardly helps.


I think your right, its a race should just stay in the race building framework. But I'm just trying to find abilities that suit the favour presented in Pantheons Of The Megaverse. I guess the key traits are above average attributes, tough, brave, regeneration and 1 ability.

ValhallaGH wrote:This is what I used for my campaign: viewtopic.php?p=459838#p459838


ValhallaGH I defiantly like it, but to me its not the Pantheons Of The Megaverse demigod, which is more classical greek hero, regular human which who has a god as a parent, but grown up in human society and may not even know they have a divine parent. Clash of the Titans style. I think your version is more in the vain of someone wanting to play Prometheus both classical and Ridiley Scott versions.

Barbelith Rising wrote:Also, for Demigods, I'm using olymups Inc races as written in that book.


Now see the sad part is I don't have the olymups Inc, but that its on my radar now, thanks.

ValhallaGH
Legendary
Posts: 8293
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#9 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm

clawingwolf wrote:I think your right, its a race should just stay in the race building framework. But I'm just trying to find abilities that suit the favour presented in Pantheons Of The Megaverse. I guess the key traits are above average attributes, tough, brave, regeneration and 1 ability.

Not familiar with the source, but how about something like:

Better Than Average: d6 in Agility, Strength, and Vigor. (+6)
Courageous: Have the Brave edge. (+2)
I'll Be Back: Makes natural healing rolls each day, and gets a chance to recover from permanent injuries. (+3)
Cyber Resistant: Natural healing prevents cybernetics from taking. (-1)
Dependency: Worship of parental pantheon. (-2)
Appetites of Legend: Choose one of the following hindrances: Arrogant, Bloodthirsty, Curious, Greedy (Major), Habit (Major), Heroic, Overconfident, Vengeful (Major). (-2)
Not Local: Hailing from another dimension, the demigod is Clueless. Minor tells make it quickly apparent that the character is an immigrant, causing issues with various bigots, as the Outsider hindrance. (-3)
Wanted (Minor): Most minions of Splugorth attack to capture or kill a demigod, furthering their masters' nefarious and bizarre goals. (-1)

Which works out to a +2 race.
If something doesn't quite fit, swap it out for something of equal value.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Ndreare
Veteran
Posts: 546
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Northwest Washington
Contact:

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#10 Postby Ndreare » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

I really like it but what I would do is replace the dependency with a political limitation as he is tied up in the bonds of the pantheon and there are political game. Normally the power isn't subjected to the power of the pantheon as the characters are low enough if they can exist without the pantheon. But based on lineage they have the politics of the pantheon the intervention and being hunted to complicate your life.
I would also drop the +1d Agility. While they did get a buff, it was not a themed trait IMHO.

ValhallaGH
Legendary
Posts: 8293
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: [SR] Pantheons Of The Megaverse Demigods Race

#11 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Ndreare wrote:I really like it but what I would do is replace the dependency with a political limitation as he is tied up in the bonds of the pantheon and there are political game. Normally the power isn't subjected to the power of the pantheon as the characters are low enough if they can exist without the pantheon. But based on lineage they have the politics of the pantheon the intervention and being hunted to complicate your life.
I would also drop the +1d Agility. While they did get a buff, it was not a themed trait IMHO.


Okay -
Better Than Average: d6 in Strength and Vigor. (+4)
Courageous: Have the Brave edge. (+2)
I'll Be Back: Makes natural healing rolls each day, and gets a chance to recover from permanent injuries. (+3)
Cyber Resistant: Natural healing prevents cybernetics from taking. (-1)
Appetites of Legend: Choose one of the following hindrances: Arrogant, Bloodthirsty, Curious, Greedy (Major), Habit (Major), Heroic, Overconfident, Vengeful (Major). (-2)
Not Local: Hailing from another dimension, the demigod is Clueless. Minor tells make it quickly apparent that the character is an immigrant, causing issues with various bigots, as the Outsider hindrance. (-3)
Wanted (Minor): Most minions of Splugorth attack to capture or kill a demigod, furthering their masters' nefarious and bizarre goals. (-1)

Remove the Agility and you can drop the Dependency completely. If the player and GM want to make divine politics part of the campaign then they can take a separate hindrance.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."


Return to “SW Pinnacle Licensed Settings”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests