The Flood, my campaign (probable spoilers - you have been warned)

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

lunchmoney
Novice

The Flood, my campaign (probable spoilers - you have been warned)

#1 Postby lunchmoney » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm

At long last my group is letting me run Deadlands (after a 5-6 year Pathfinder campaign). :arrow:

One of my players writes a blog and writes campaign posts from the perspective of her character.
3 sessions in and she has started :)

When I run book scenarios/campaigns I often take the basic premise and rewrite/tweak for my players and their characters (and sometimes on the fly when I can't recall an exact point and just make something up), so whilst this is a story of the Flood it may differ from book/canon and will probably differ from your own :)

Enjoy :D
http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blogspo ... -west.html
Last edited by lunchmoney on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedRook
Novice

Re: The Flood, my campaign (possible spoilers, you have been warned)

#2 Postby RedRook » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Very cool!

I'm planning on running the Flood myself, in a few months, so I'll be keeping an eye on this :D

lunchmoney
Novice

#3 Postby lunchmoney » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:01 pm

:)

This will always be a view from one player only, but it should give an idea of things going on. I'll let you know when she writes the next part.

SeeleyOne
Veteran

#4 Postby SeeleyOne » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:49 pm

I have played a few campaigns where every player wrote an in-character journal. Some were more meticulous in the details than others (I took good notes during sessions, even the GM would refer to them), but even those took the spin from the character's perspective. I found that it really helped characters to shine. There were things, such as motives and suspicions, that did not always see time during the session, at least as far as the rest of the table was concerned.

One player was funny in that he made things up as his character was a serious braggart. He often claimed the successes of others and overemphasized his own contributions.

When we played GURPS we used to give extra XP for making the effort to write something. But it became "homework" for some and the characters that had the journals advanced more quickly than those that did not. The same would happen in Savage Worlds. However, I came up with a solution. I made up a rule about "Bankable Bennies". Basically, the player earns a finite amount of extra bennies that can remain between sessions, and are a property of the player and not any particular character. But they can be used as needed during sessions. This might be an idea that would work for your group. It says "good job" to the player and rewards the player without making the characters specifically more powerful.
Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.

To be evil is to live backwards

lunchmoney
Novice

#5 Postby lunchmoney » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 am

12 sessions in and the next part has been written :)

http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blogspo ... ngels.html

Enjoy :D

lunchmoney
Novice

Re: The Flood, my campaign (probable spoilers - you have been warned)

#6 Postby lunchmoney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Another page written. This one on a short interlude I placed during a sailing trip in the Maze.
http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blogspo ... folly.html

lunchmoney
Novice

#7 Postby lunchmoney » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:57 pm

If anyone reads and enjoys please leave a comment on the blog page, so my player knows she's being appreciated :)

And, of course, if you read and don't like it, please leave a comment and say why 8)

lunchmoney
Novice

#8 Postby lunchmoney » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 am

http://ballgownsandbattleskirts.blogspo ... s.html?m=1
Next chapter in my player's adventures.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”