More pregens please!? (Reloaded)

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

HawaiiSteveO
Novice

More pregens please!? (Reloaded)

#1 Postby HawaiiSteveO » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Any others available . . ?

The Stray
Seasoned

Re: More pregens please!? (Reloaded)

#2 Postby The Stray » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 pm

What Pregens do you have? And are you looking for specific characters or more archetypal ones?
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

Jounichi
Legendary

#3 Postby Jounichi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:07 pm

If memory serves, the only published pregens are the freebie set, the "magnificent seven" knock-offs from Stone and a Hard Place, and the few that came out with Good Intentions. I didn't back Stone, but I have the other two.

Or were you hoping for some custom jobs from the rest of us?
"Rush not in to fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail." -Yoda
"Wise man once say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'" -Michelangelo

HawaiiSteveO
Novice

#4 Postby HawaiiSteveO » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:21 am

I have the 5 - Vendetta Vasquez, Father Sam Johnson, etc.
I guess they are a good mix for new players, Shady Doug and Father Sam in particular little trickier to run cold . I thought it would be ideal first time around not to have too many options while we get the basics down.
Plays With Fire is straight forward and Doc Lightning has only one power to use.
I guess I could always give Father Sam player 3 powers to use like Shady Doug, rather than explain player can use anything and have them flipping through book and reading while we're trying to play.

Jounichi
Legendary

#5 Postby Jounichi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 am

HawaiiSteveO wrote:I guess I could always give Father Sam player 3 powers to use like Shady Doug, rather than explain player can use anything and have them flipping through book and reading while we're trying to play.

Ever since the rules change with Stone and a Hard Place, Blessed characters start with three powers now. Healing seems like a no-brainer power to have, but after that? Taking a page from the Indian Shaman in the back of the MHP, other good powers would be armor and boost/lower trait. Shady already has BLT, plus armor would help make up for Father Johnson's low Vigor. Just swap his Strength with...no, he needs that to properly wield the shotgun.

Father Johnson is arguably incomplete. He only used 2 of his hindrance points for acquiring Conviction, unless you count two of them going to the shotgun. But that's supposed to be a cheat from part of his backstory. Even if you convert them to straight cash for a total of $750 starting funds, he's still gone over his purchasing power between the shotgun and the horse.

I say bump his Spirit up to d8, which frees up a skill point from Faith. Put that wherever you want, and double check everyone else to make sure they're legal.
"Rush not in to fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it, will you prevail." -Yoda

"Wise man once say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'" -Michelangelo

The Stray
Seasoned

#6 Postby The Stray » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Many moons ago, before Deadlands Reloaded was actually released, there was a document that translated some of the archetypes from Classic Deadlands to Savage Worlds. I don't know where I got this document, but I've taken some of those ideas and have been updating them to current Deadlands rules. Here's a sampling:

Brave

Yes, the spirits are powerful, but they do not always answer my calls. Bullets always listen. And they answer with thunder. My brothers and sisters believe your “Civil War” is an opportunity for us to strike back and reclaim our lands. I am not so sure. My elders say that a greater war rages in the Hunting Grounds. Our true enemies are there. We must unite and fight these evil spirits. Will you join me in my hunt?

Quote: “It’s time to bury the hatchet. But let’s wait until it looks the other way.”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Climb d6, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Riding d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Tracking d6
Charisma: -6; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
Hindrances: Bloodthirsty, Illiterate, Outsider
Edges: Don’t Get ‘im Riled!
Gear: Two tomahawks, Winchester ‘73, box of 50 shells, horse, $65.

Buffalo Gal

Yee-hah! I’m the wildest thing this side o’ the Pecos! I’m a whip-crackin’, butt-kickin’, pistol-packin’ gal o’ the plains! I’ve seen some ornery lookin’ critters out here in the West, and I aim to rope me a few. Maybe I’ll catch one and sell it to a rodeo or one o’ them newfangled zoos. Or maybe I’ll just stuff the durn varmint and mount it on my wall.

‘Course, I don’t actually have a wall. The wide open prairie’s the place for me.

Quote: “Yee-hah! Outta my way, boys!”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d10, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Riding d6, Shooting d6, Tracking d4
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Overconfident, Quirk (dislikes “feminine” women), Stubborn
Edges: Attractive, Trademark Weapon (Whip)
[b]Gear[/b]: Winchester ‘73, box of 50 shells, whip, horse, $61.

Gunslinger

I was brought here because I’m the best. You draw that pistol and I’ll show you what I mean. You think you’re bad news? I’ve seen things that would make you wet your pants.

Now put that gun away, kid. And do it real slow like. The only live gunslingers are jumpy gunslingers.

Walk away. You don’t have to prove anything. And I’ve got enough notches on my pistol already.

Quote: “Are you gonna skin that smokewagon or whistle Dixie?”

Skills: Fighting d6, Gambling d4, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Riding d8, Shooting d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Vengeful (minor)
Edges: Quick Draw
Gear: Army pistol, Winchester ‘73, box of 50 pistol shells, box of 50 rifle shells, $56.

Huckster

Wanna see a trick? I know a few that will make your head spin. I’ve dazzled some of the best, from New Orleans to the City of Lost Angels.

You think that gunslinger’s fast? He’s moving in slow motion compared to me. Well, maybe not. But I can do things that make his Peacemakers look like pop guns.

And I know things, too. Things man was not meant to know. I’ve looked into the depths of Hell and invited the demons into my very soul. The price is steep, but the power is incredible. It’s a gamble, but what’s life without a little chance?

Quote: “Pick a card. Any card.”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Gambling d6, Knowledge (Occult) d8, Notice d6, Spellcasting d10, Shooting d4, Taunt d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Curious, Habit (shuffles cards constantly), Wanted (Minor)
Edges: Arcane Background (Huckster), Power Points
Spells: Bolt, deflection, hunch. Power Points: 15.
Gear: .44 Derringer, box of 50 shells, deck of cards. $238.75.

Mad Scientist

Yes, I have wanted to field-test my latest invention. But I’m not sharing! How do I know you won’t try and take it from me once we’re out of town? Do you know what Hellstromme would pay for my flamethrower design? Or those mental midgets at Smith & Robards?

Hah! A thousand dollars? Well, um, yeah. Actually. About that.

But how did you know? You ARE a spy, aren’t you?

Quote: “Stand back. This will burn a bit!”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Driving d4, Knowledge (Science) d8, Notice d6, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Weird Science d10
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Delusion (Major—everyone’s out to steal his inventions), Bad Eyes (Minor), Stubborn
Edges: Arcane Background (Mad Science), Gadgeteer
Powers: Electrostatic Pistol (bolt); Power Points: 20
Gear: Flamethrower, tool kit, $200.

Muckraker

Tell me everything you can remember, but hurry. I’ve got to telegraph my story to the Epitaph by morning to make the Sunday edition. That pays the best, you know.

Do you mind if I take a picture of the thing you killed? Good. A picture really does say a thousand words. Now I’ve just got to get the Sheriff to help us get the rest of these things. Could you come with me? I’ve been bugging him all week, and I’m afraid he’s getting a little annoyed. He even threw me in jail last night! Said my yammering was “disturbing the peace!”

Hah! Disturbing the peace, indeed. If he’d only wake up and realize what’s going on around here, guys like me and you wouldn’t have to do all the dirty work.

Quote: “Let’s check it out. I smell a story!”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d4, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Occult) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d6, Stealth d6, Streetwise d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Curious, Pacifist (Minor), Stubborn
Edges: Charismatic, Investigator
Gear: Pad and paper, Navy pistol, box of 50 shells, $236.

Preacher

There are devilish abominations loose in the world. We are being punished for our sins. But fear not. Though we walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, my hickory rod and my Peacemaker will comfort thee. I am a vigilant crusader of the light. Remember the power of the Good Book in these times of darkness. In it you will find prayers and parables of salvation.

Should you encounter the forces of darkness, my child, first try a simple prayer and a stout piece of hickory. If that doesn’t work, try a load of blessed buckshot!

Quote: “Say yer prayers, varmint!”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Faith d10, Fighting d6, Heal d6, Intimidate d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Pacifist (Minor)
Edges: Arcane Background (Blessed), Holy Warrior
Spells: Healing, smite, protection. Power Points: 15.
Gear: Hickory club (Str+d4), Peacemaker, 50 shells, Bible, cross, $227.

Shaman

I don’t speak often, so listen carefully to my words of wisdom. I have looked into the Hunting Grounds and talked with the spirits of Nature, and I have made a discovery. The spirits are angry. They say we have forgotten the Old Ways. The simple ways. You young braves believe in bullets made by machines, not arrows made by living hands. Now I must go into the white man’s world and fight the abominations. Only then will you believe that the Old Ways are best.

Quote: “Hmm. That looks painful. I will help you, but only if you promise to remember the Old Ways.”

Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Heal d6, Knowledge (Occult) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Tribal Medicine d10
Hindrances: Vow: Old Ways, Hard of Hearing (Minor), Stubborn
Edges: Arcane Background (Shaman), New Power, Power Points
Spells: Boost/lower trait, healing, contact spirit world. Power Points: 20.
Gear: Spear, medicine bag filled with roots and herbs for healing, $240.

Cowpoke

I ain’t no hero. Just a cowpoke. I roam from job to job, following the herds, the railroads—whoever’s payin’ that month. But don’t count me out of a fight. Ridin’ the range hardens a person. And I don’t carry this Winchester just for show.

Quote: “There’s somethin’ out there spookin’ the beeves. Somethin’ big. Somethin’ mean. Reckon it’s my turn for the watch.”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Drive d4, Fighting d8, Gambling d4, Notice d4, Riding d8, Shooting d8, Survival d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
Hindrances: All Thumbs, Poverty, Trouble Magnet (Major)
Edges: Steady Hands
Gear: Horse, Winchester '73, 50 shells, Bowie Knife, Bedroll

Gambler

Life is a gamble. Want to play? I’ll bet you $100 I can ride through that ambush without taking a hit. Are you game?

No, I’m not afraid of death. The Grim Reaper has been my constant companion for years now. When I shed this mortal coil, you’ll find me playing faro in Hell with the old boy.

Now get your money ready. Here I go…

Quote:“Would you like a game? I promise to lose for at least the first half-hour.”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d4
Skills: Fighting d4, Gambling d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Riding d4, Shooting d6, Taunt d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 4
Hindrances: Ailin' (Major), Death Wish, Impulsive
Edges: Rich, Attractive
Gear: .36 Navy pistol, box of 50 shells, Rupertus pepperbox, horse, fancy suit, playing cards, $312.

Gaucho

Hola, señor. Encantado.

Si, I’ve worked the herds from Brazil to Texas, and I’ve seen things along the trail you wouldn’t believe. I did not believe them myself, at first, but when these horrors grab you about the waist, you hardly think to doubt, no?

Now I ride the trails of norteamerica. It is my— how you say— mission to destroy the creatures that plague both our peoples. Give me a chance, and I will show you just how we handle such creatures south of your borders.

Quote: “No problema.”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d6, Riding d8, Survival d8, Throwing d6, Tracking d8
Hindrances: Heroic, Illiterate, Outsider
Edges: Steady Hands, Woodsman
Gear: Bolos, horse, chaps, bed roll, canteen, mess kit, rope (50’), $80.

Kid

Don’t talk down ta me, mister. I may look young for my age, but I’m nearly 13. I’ve already seen more o’ this world than most people twice my age, ’n’ there’re things in it that would curl yer toenails afore they ripped them outta yer feet and used ’em to clean their teeth after feastin’ on yer innards.

Course, I ain’t ’fraid o’ nuthin’. Not even them critters that killed my family while I was runnin’ around the back 40. I got back just in time ta see them runnin’ off with their spiky tails ’tween their legs, and I’ve been huntin’ them ever since. If’n you can help me, I might see fit to lend you a hand for a while. Like I said, I ain’t ’fraid o’ nuthin’.

Quote: “See? Ain’t nuthin’ to it, ya ol’ fogey.”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Notice d4, Persuasion d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Big Mouth, Stubborn, Young
Edges: Knack (Born on Christmas), Charismatic
Gear: Single-action Colt Army revolver, box of 50 shells, horse, knife, quickdraw holster, pet frog, $60.

Agency Man-in-Black

Tell me all about the thing you say you saw. Not too loudly, please. The neighbors might hear. Were you drinking when you saw the creature? Calm down. I’m just trying to get the facts, you understand. Okay. If that’s all you know, I’ll round up my posse and take care of it. Sounds like a standard class-3 malevolent specter at work here. I’ve been classifying them myself, you know. I’m going to publish my findings someday. When this is all over. Until then, mum’s the word, got it? Word about something like this gets out, and everyone begins to panic. Then we’d have a real situation on our hands.

Quote: “The truth is out there. And I’m going to keep it from you.”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Law) d4, Knowledge (Occult) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Shooting d6, Streetwise d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Cautious, Habit (Minor, never tells the party everything), Vow (Major, Investigate and Suppress the Supernatural)
Edges: Agent, Alertness, Investigator, Veteran o' The Weird West
Gear: Black duster, Gatling pistol, derringer, pad and paper, two boxes of 50 shells, $235

Nun

Gather close, my friends. I have come to lead you against the horrors of the night, and I shall not be stopped in my holy crusade! I have seen the abominations that lurk in the shadows, and I know not fear, for the Lord’s might is within my arms as well as my soul. Together, with you at my side, we shall march into the darkness and hurl the light of the Lord against their blasphemous faces! Are you with me?

Quote: “Get your filthy hands off her, you unholy horror from Hell!”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Faith d10, Fighting d6, Intimidation d8, Knowledge (Religion) d4, Notice d4, Persuasion d8
Hindrances: Big Mouth, Poverty, Vow (Major, uphold the virtues of the Lord)
Edges: Arcane Background (Blessed), New Power x2
Spells: Deflection, healing, protection, smite, succor; Power Points: 15
Gear: Habit, silver crucifix, $10

Pony Express Rider

Sure I can be hired for “special” deliveries. Where do you want me to go? Where? You know how many bandits, hostile Indians, and worse I gotta go through to get that God-forsaken place?

Wait a minute! I didn’t say I wouldn’t do it. There ain’t nowhere I won’t go. But it’s gonna cost ya.

Quote: “Better put that hogleg down, mister! You don’t wanna see me go postal on you!”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Drive d6, Fighting d8, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Stealth d6, Ride d8
Charisma: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Outsider, Vow (Minor, Deliver the mail no matter what)
Edges: Fleet-Footed
Gear: Double-action Colt Peacemaker, a fast horse, $188.

Prospector

This is my hole, ya’ doggone dirty claimjumper!

Eh? Sorry, mister. These old ears don’t hear so well any more. You’re lookin’ for what? No, I ain’t never heard tell o’ that kind o’ critter. Not one that big, leastways.

But I have seen other things deep in the bowels o’ the earth. Evil things. Varmints that’d turn a city-slicker’s hair white in a New York minute. Wanna hear about ’em?

Quote: “Gold and ghost rock ain’t the only things hidin’ under the dirt.”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Skills: Climbing d6, Drive d4, Fighting d6, Knowledge (Mining) d6, Notice d6, Riding d6, Shooting d6, Survival d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Hindrances: Greedy (Major), Hard of Hearing (Minor), Stubborn
Edges: Nerves of Steel
Gear: Pick (Str+d6, -1 Parry and Fighting), shovel, bed roll, 2 mules, el cheapo buckboard, el cheapo double-barreled shotgun, box of 20 shells, $58

Saloon Gal

Howdy, sugar. You wanna tango? It’s a dime a dance. This is a high-class joint, you know. Oh, so you want information. That’ll cost you even more.

Yeah, I’ve been “out” with the Mayor a few times. Though I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell his wife. Now that you mention it, he does act a little strange. Always carrying that black bag around. Was he with me the night of the murder? No. Not the whole night anyway. He’s got a short fuse—if you know what I mean.

Hey, I’ve got an idea. Let’s set a trap. If he’s the culprit, I’ll get it out of him. I can get anything out of any man, sugar. Don’t worry about my safety. I’ve got a little something hidden up my garter for just such an emergency.

Quote: “Why don’t you come up and see me sometime, big boy?”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d4, Gambling d6, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Streetwise d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Curious, Greedy (Minor), Poverty
Edges: Attractive
Gear: Derringer .44, box of 50 shells, fancy dress, $24

Snakeoil Salesman

Gather 'round, friends! Come gaze upon the miracles of modern medicine!

I've learned from the best surgeons Back East! I've seen demonstrations of wonder drugs that could raise the dead, pilfered the secrets of strange medicine from savage shamans on the high plains, and all so I could bring you this potent elixir to cure what ails you!

What's that? You've seen my picture before? On a poster? No, I'm sure it wasn't me. Anyway, I must be going now. Others are in need, you understand...

Quote: "No, sheriff, I never claimed this tonic cures tummy twisters! I said it was good for blisters!"

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Lockpicking d6, Fighting d6, Gambling d4, Knowledge (Medicine) d4, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Stealth d8, Streetwise d4, Taunt d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 4
Hindrances: Greedy (minor), Wanted (minor), Small
Edges: Snakeoil Salesman
Gear: A horse and cart full of junk worth about $10, but you can probably sell it for far more with a little effort, $15.

Soldier

The captain told us to ride out and see what was killin' all those folks. Well, we found it. And we filled it full of holes, just like we was told.

Only that didn't kill it. Now it's got us trapped here in the fort. No food, no water. We're even runnin' low on bullets, but I guess that don't matter anyway. Bullets didn't kill it the first time.

Don't ask what it looked like. You wouldn't believe me if I told you anyway.

I don't know why I stay here. It sure ain't the pay.

Quote: “What do you mean we are the cavalry?”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Notice d6, Ride d6, Shooting d8, Stealth d4, Survival d6
Hindrances: Enemy (Minor, Soldiers from the other side), Loyal, Vow (Major, to protect and defend the people of your country and follow commands of your superior officers)
Edges: Soldier (Private or NCO)
Gear: Uniform, Winchester 73' with Bayonet, canteen, bedroll, horse, Colt Army, 20 rounds for each weapon, $75

Spy

I could answer your questions, but then I’d have to kill you. All I can say is that this message has to get back to Washington, and I’ll pay double your usual fee.

It’s a difficult life I lead. Infiltrating the most extravagant parties and courting the most handsome politicians doesn’t sound dangerous, but should the enemy discover I’ve been stealing their dirty little secrets, they’ll hang me without a second thought.

Quote: “Why sir, I’d be delighted to see your new invention! Even if little ol’ me doesn’t understand a thing about steam engines!”

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d6, Investigation d10, Notice d8, Persuasion d6, Shooting d6, Streetwise d10
Hindrances: Curious, Enemy (Minor, being found out is bad), Obligation (Minor, needs to to report to superiors)
Edges: Veteran o' The Weird West, Rich, Investigator
Gear: Knuckle duster, fancy suit/dress, nitro disguised as perfume, $740.50.

Texas Ranger

Hush up. That’s crazy talk. There’s no such thing as "jackalopes." This paw around my neck? It’s a rabbit’s foot. I don’t care if you think it’s too long. They grow ’em big in Texas, you know.

That carcass you gave me didn’t have horns. It was just some dumb hare that got all tangled up in some old deer antlers. And if you don’t quit arguing, I’m gonna let Jim Bowie settle my side o’ the discussion for me.

I thought that’d shut you up. Now show me where you didn’t see Aunt Minnie crawl up outta her grave. I got some carvin’ to do.

Quote: “You shouldn’ta done that, varmint. You’re messin’ with the pride o’ Texas.”

Skills: Fighting d8, Intimidation d4, Knowledge (Occult) d6, Riding d6, Shooting d8, Streetwise d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Vow (destroy or contain the supernatural) (minor), Stubborn
Edges: Veteran o' The Weird West, Texas Ranger, Quick Draw, Two-Fisted
Gear: 2 Army pistols, box of 50 shells, horse, $73 in Confederate scrip

Tinhorn

Howdy, partner!

That's how it goes, right? Sorry, it's just that everything's so wild out here! Guess that's why they call it the Wild West, huh? Heroic gunfighters, terrible outlaws, damsels in distress...they don't have that Back East!

Oh, sure, I know that not all the Black Hats actually wear black, and some are just folks doing what they do to survive. But I've seen a few things on the train out here. There is evil out here, things that go bump in the night. Things that folks need protection from. And now, they've got a new White Hat to do just that!

So let's saddle up, partner! Giddy-up!

Quote: "Wow! Never read about that in the dime novels!"

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d4, Intimidation d6, Knowledge (pick one for original trade) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Shooting d4, Streetwise d6, Taunt d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Overconfident, Stubborn, Delusional (Minor, believes the dime novel version of the Wild West is the truth)
Edges: Rich, Connections (Someone powerful Back East)
Gear: Very fine Peacemaker, fancy duds, a brand new horse, $650

Outlaw

Howdy pardners! Hands away from them irons, please. Ya'll don't want to make me twitchy, do ya? Thought not. Now, hand over them jewels and billfolds. I got expensive tastes.

Ha! Well, there ain't no rest for the wicked. I got bills to pay, mouths to feed, and there ain't nothin' in this world for free. It ain't exactly a glamorous life, all told – there's things out in the wilds that'd curl your hair right quick, and you gotta survive to spend the take, know what I mean? Need a fast draw and nerves o' steel, and I doubt a tinhorn like you'd last five minutes out there.

But hey, it beats workin' for a livin'.

Quote: “Reach fer the sky, friend. Unless you'd like to be pushin' up daisies.”

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Fighting d8, Gambling d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Stealth d6, Survival d6, Taunt d4
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Greedy (Major), Wanted (Minor), Vengeful (minor)
Edges: Quick Draw
Gear: Army pistol, Winchester ‘73, box of 50 pistol shells, box of 50 rifle shells, $56
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”