Paradise Lost and Conversion Guide

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

An Fhuiseog
Novice

Paradise Lost and Conversion Guide

#1 Postby An Fhuiseog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:23 pm

I've just been playing around with the conversion guide, mostly for Hell on Earth and was reading over Paradise Lost. Everything makes sense to me except some of Baphomet's stats.

For example he has Throwing (both balanced and unbalanced) at 3d12, converting this should give him Throwing d8 in Reloaded, but he has throwing d12. I know this is probably due to converting being an art, rather than exact, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something in the conversion rules that produces this d12. Same for his Stealth ("should" be d10).

Thanks!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: Paradise Lost and Conversion Guide

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 pm

The old guideline when converting characters from Classic to Reloaded, the Reloaded die type is equal to the Classic die type. If the character has an extreme coordination then you may increase or decrease the die type, as appropriate, but generally (especially for skills in the 2 to 4 range) the Reloaded die types are going to be the same as the Classic skills.

That changed with the new conversion guide but the old conversions probably won't be updated any time soon.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”